HOW TO 180

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2014 10:20 PM

Read this before you ask. I hate people who always try and 180 but can't fakie.

LEARN TO FAKIE/ROLLOUT FIRST

Ride against a wall , do a nose press and lean back. As going backwards , turn about 90 degrees and then when you start to carve , pedal down to engage your hub ; it will make you go forward. The just pull up , twist your body and pedal back to regular. It's the hardest part of the trick , but if you practise you get it fast.

To 180 flat : Get off the computer and try it. Get bunnyhops comfortably , maybe like a foot off the ground. I can 180 flat with maybe a 4 inch hop , it's not hard. When you go to pull up , lean to the side so you pivot slightly towards the side your spinning , maybe like 20 degrees at most. Then , lean forward and bar hump and scoop your pedals WHILE looking over your shoulder : you might just go 90 degrees , which is good to get comfortable. But once you get past that , just commit and spot your landing. When you get good at them , you can basically fakie out of it as long as you get past 90. I learned flat 180's before flyout , which is the same concept just easier. If your doing it out of a quarter , seriously just fuckin turn in air , there such a lazy trick.

ITS NOT THAT HARD. So please go try , unless you are sickdude and fucking 90 to indian , just seriously go out and don't be a pussy. I can 180 flat , out of banks , into banks , over rails , up curbs , down curbs , sidewalk gaps , I learned nollie 180's first go. I have them dialed down 5 sets , it really isnt a complicated trick. Proof :

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/13/2014 10:14 PM

Annoying

|

13 years old

8/13/2014 10:18 PM

So many people ask , it's not like hop whips or nollie cabs , even the concept is easy. Like you dont NEED to look up how-to's for 180's . I've taught 10 year old kids to 180 in a day or 2 , it's not difficult

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2014 9:19 PM

"don't be a pussy" hahaha this guy is inspiring

|

8/31/2014 9:42 PM

Dapanji wrote:

"don't be a pussy" hahaha this guy is inspiring

It's true , learning is ujst a mental game . Just put your earphones in , blast some metal and pedal at that bitch then hop like fuck and see what happens

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2014 9:49 PM

the way i learned them after getting them on flyout was off a bench,
then off a smaller bench, then a big curb, a small curb, then flat
little steps make it waaaaaaay easier if you are stuck and cant get it for the life of you

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/2/2014 12:53 AM

Being goofy-footed, a pussy, and having OCD, it took me forever to learn these at first, but I have them down quite good now. It took me over a year to get them, and by that time, I had already completely dialed in fakies both directions. It also took me a while to get the feeling of doing spins off of a curb or something higher like a 2 or 3 set. I have tried a 4 set but I landed way too back heavy and almost fell on my back, so I'm not trying that for a good while even though I know I probably could.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/2/2014 6:28 PM

how do you fakie?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/2/2014 10:42 PM

tomdon wrote:

how do you fakie?

I see Tomdon doing them quick bitch crank fakies, lol. And are you joking or no? You can 360 to smith, and you can't fakie? That's ridiculous if true.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/3/2014 7:28 AM

tomdon wrote:

how do you fakie?

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I see Tomdon doing them quick bitch crank fakies, lol. And are you joking or no? You can 360 to smith, and you can't fakie? ...more

Just fucking with brayden. However, I do have a friend that can 270 bar, catches whips about 50% of th time, but successfully turns out of fakie only 20% of the time.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/3/2014 3:16 PM

Krooked wrote:

Annoying

Agreed

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing