HOW TO 180

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2014 10:20 PM

Read this before you ask. I hate people who always try and 180 but can't fakie.

LEARN TO FAKIE/ROLLOUT FIRST

Ride against a wall , do a nose press and lean back. As going backwards , turn about 90 degrees and then when you start to carve , pedal down to engage your hub ; it will make you go forward. The just pull up , twist your body and pedal back to regular. It's the hardest part of the trick , but if you practise you get it fast.

To 180 flat : Get off the computer and try it. Get bunnyhops comfortably , maybe like a foot off the ground. I can 180 flat with maybe a 4 inch hop , it's not hard. When you go to pull up , lean to the side so you pivot slightly towards the side your spinning , maybe like 20 degrees at most. Then , lean forward and bar hump and scoop your pedals WHILE looking over your shoulder : you might just go 90 degrees , which is good to get comfortable. But once you get past that , just commit and spot your landing. When you get good at them , you can basically fakie out of it as long as you get past 90. I learned flat 180's before flyout , which is the same concept just easier. If your doing it out of a quarter , seriously just fuckin turn in air , there such a lazy trick.

ITS NOT THAT HARD. So please go try , unless you are sickdude and fucking 90 to indian , just seriously go out and don't be a pussy. I can 180 flat , out of banks , into banks , over rails , up curbs , down curbs , sidewalk gaps , I learned nollie 180's first go. I have them dialed down 5 sets , it really isnt a complicated trick. Proof :

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/13/2014 10:14 PM

Annoying

|

13 years old

8/13/2014 10:18 PM

So many people ask , it's not like hop whips or nollie cabs , even the concept is easy. Like you dont NEED to look up how-to's for 180's . I've taught 10 year old kids to 180 in a day or 2 , it's not difficult

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2014 9:19 PM

"don't be a pussy" hahaha this guy is inspiring

|

8/31/2014 9:42 PM

Dapanji wrote:

"don't be a pussy" hahaha this guy is inspiring

It's true , learning is ujst a mental game . Just put your earphones in , blast some metal and pedal at that bitch then hop like fuck and see what happens

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2014 9:49 PM

the way i learned them after getting them on flyout was off a bench,
then off a smaller bench, then a big curb, a small curb, then flat
little steps make it waaaaaaay easier if you are stuck and cant get it for the life of you

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/2/2014 12:53 AM

Being goofy-footed, a pussy, and having OCD, it took me forever to learn these at first, but I have them down quite good now. It took me over a year to get them, and by that time, I had already completely dialed in fakies both directions. It also took me a while to get the feeling of doing spins off of a curb or something higher like a 2 or 3 set. I have tried a 4 set but I landed way too back heavy and almost fell on my back, so I'm not trying that for a good while even though I know I probably could.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/2/2014 6:28 PM

how do you fakie?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/2/2014 10:42 PM

tomdon wrote:

how do you fakie?

I see Tomdon doing them quick bitch crank fakies, lol. And are you joking or no? You can 360 to smith, and you can't fakie? That's ridiculous if true.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/3/2014 7:28 AM

tomdon wrote:

how do you fakie?

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I see Tomdon doing them quick bitch crank fakies, lol. And are you joking or no? You can 360 to smith, and you can't fakie? That's ridiculous if true.

Just fucking with brayden. However, I do have a friend that can 270 bar, catches whips about 50% of th time, but successfully turns out of fakie only 20% of the time.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/3/2014 3:16 PM

Krooked wrote:

Annoying

Agreed

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing