Hammered Paint Help

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2014 8:46 AM

Okay, so we've all seen the Fiend Morrow kit and it is awesome. I'd like to try to pull this off in a different color. The only problem is, the only kind of hammered paint that I find looks like this: Photo

Notice the lack of deep texture? Texture is minimal. I'd rather have much deeper texture, with the dark-colored craters like this:

Photo

This is a much more dramatic finish. My question is, is there a certain brand or type of hammered paint to get the second result? Or is it a certain technique that you have to use? Thanks in advance!

|

1/27/2014 9:00 PM

i dont think its much deeper, but the depressions are colored in black giving it an appearance of depth

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/29/2014 10:57 AM

that frame looks fucking knarley.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/24/2014 1:39 PM

I actually run the whole kit And it's actually textured pretty deep. Idk if this helps our not

|

refs:JakeSalbert whirls32 BEASTASSDICKwink bobPA tony larson bmx brentrides
fondue:"BMX is like weed. You can buy bongs and pipes, but smoking is illegal. Next time tell the cop you have a prescription to bmx"
first member of the fortnight EVERJULY 1ST -14TH

6/5/2014 11:35 AM

Just hit your bike with a hammer that should help

|

We out here breathing. -Bert