Handlebars keep angling backwards

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2016 8:37 PM

Ever since I got my BMX my handlebars have been angled backwards, yesterday I felt like it was time to get them inline with the forks, after riding a bit I found that my handlebars were bent back to what they were. Even when I got my super muscular dad to tighten the handlebars, it still ended up bending back. Would the problem lie in the fact that I only unscrewed the top two bolts, as I seemed to be able to move it without unscrewing the other two? Thanks.

|

9/4/2016 3:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2016 4:38 AM

Maybe you have too big stem so bars does not fit so they're angling. I mean that hole where are you putting the bars.

|

Land it or go home

9/4/2016 8:43 AM

Who built your bike? It sounds like the bolts were over tightened when it was first built, crushing your bars in the clamping area

|

9/4/2016 3:28 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Who built your bike? It sounds like the bolts were over tightened when it was first built, crushing your bars in the clamping ...more

I got it second-hand from Gumtree, but it seemed to be an unmodified DK Raven 2014. I feel like I've fixed the problem, but I'm going to wait just in case it angles back again. What I did is I tightened the bottom screws too.

|

9/26/2016 1:20 PM

Tighten them diagonally. So top left, bottom right, top right, bottom left. Keep going round until they're done up properly. This distributes the pressure evenly across the bar and prevents the possibility of over pinching and misshaping the tube. Hopefully your bars aren't mangled, otherwise you may need to get new bars :-/

|