Headset problem

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2017 7:21 AM

Hello..
I ordered a new headset for my bike and I have some issues with it. I installed headset with help by internet but I still have some problems. Bearings can't be set well so bars doesn't move with forks. I don't know if some bearings are missing so it doesn't work well but guys.. help me please. Here are 2 photos and video:
VIDEO

TOP:
Photo

BOTTOM (FORK):
Photo

|

Land it or go home

9/20/2017 8:34 AM

Are the bearings installed correctly? Are the other parts installed correctly? The stem clamps onto the forks. That compression ring on the top looks like it's upside down. Also, those clamp screws on your stem are shit. Look almost completely stripped. After you snug up the compression cap, you need to be able to tighten those stem bolts to keep the bars/stem from moving separately from the forks.

|

9/20/2017 8:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2017 8:46 AM

Yeah, these screws on stem looks rusty and also the threads are fucked up but I'm sorry for my stupidity. I didn't realize that compression ring is upside down.

|

Land it or go home

9/20/2017 10:43 AM

Okay, it's okay right now. Problem was in compression ring because it was upside down

|

Land it or go home

9/29/2017 5:20 AM

Jackie wrote:

Okay, it's okay right now. Problem was in compression ring because it was upside down

Glad I could help.

Ride on!

|