Help 180 and 360's please!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2017 6:54 AM

I know you guys must be tired of helping people trying these beginner "easy" tricks xD, but they are pretty hard for those who are starting at bmx, i know there are a lot of topics explaining this, i just need some kind of direction to learn. I ride bmx for like 7 months i suppose, and i ride alone, absolutely no one to help or look at, i started riding a bowl near my home and i train 180's there, ok, no problem here, i land the 180 out of the bowl perfectly ( not 360 yet), but when i try on flat i just can't, i know that i need to jump high and spin but i always spin just 90 degrees and sometimes i fall off the bike sideways, i'm really slow to learn everything, but riding bmx become one of my hardest challenge on my life, i just need to land tricks like 180,360's and barspin to feel good with myself. And how i am suppose to train alone? How many times you guys recommend me to try on one day?

|

5/19/2017 10:49 PM

The biggest mistake people make with hop 180's is carving too much. Try to stay more in a straight line when you do it, and aim to over rotate slightly as this will help keep your balance when you land.

As for how often to practice, that's entirely up to you. Just have fun with it. If you start to get stressed trying it, give up for a few days and try other things

|

5/20/2017 10:03 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The biggest mistake people make with hop 180's is carving too much. Try to stay more in a straight line when you do it, and ...more

Thanks man, i was carving too much, next time i will try that, it's just hard to spin, i land perfectly on a quarter but not flat....

|

5/24/2017 6:51 AM

I learned by pulling up, turning my head all the way back, pulling the rest of the bike into the air, and then spinning the bike to where my head is facing, its quite easy once you get it down, I just cant get out of it now, XD so if you could help me on THAT lol.

|

You're really good at riding bikes, but I bet you cant crash as good as I can...

6/4/2017 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2017 7:57 PM

Anyone here in the forum who is good in doing a 180 nose pivot? Kindly share some tips and advice on how to do it properly....

|

Web Designer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert"

6/5/2017 4:46 AM

Diana Welch wrote:

Anyone here in the forum who is good in doing a 180 nose pivot? Kindly share some tips and advice on how to do it properly.... ...more

Like a hop to 180 nose pivot or just on flat. Cuz I can do that

|

You're really good at riding bikes, but I bet you cant crash as good as I can...

6/5/2017 7:48 PM

Diana Welch wrote:

Anyone here in the forum who is good in doing a 180 nose pivot? Kindly share some tips and advice on how to do it properly.... ...more

BarneyBMX wrote:

Like a hop to 180 nose pivot or just on flat. Cuz I can do that

I 'm aiming for a hop to 180 nose pivot. Any tips, BarneyBMX?

|

6/6/2017 6:20 AM

Hop and start the turn a touch, but without putting your weight into it. Land on your front wheel, leaning forward enough to keep the back wheel off the ground, with your bars turned the direction you want to spin. Then kind of use your body weight to pull the bike round 180. Practice just doing it up a curb until you've got it dialed. Doing it over things is the same but needs a lot more confidence!

|

6/6/2017 6:25 AM

So like when you hop, push down on your bars to go into a nose manual but right when your tire touches the ground use your legs to swing the frame where you want it to go. When your spinning turn your head to the back like your just doing a 180.

|

6/7/2017 4:59 PM

BarneyBMX wrote:

So like when you hop, push down on your bars to go into a nose manual but right when your tire touches the ground use your ...more

Oh, that's how you do it. I feel I'm going to have a hard time with my legs in this maneuver. I'm gonna try this if it'll work for me. Thanks for the tip!

|

6/26/2017 3:09 AM

Guys, you are really talented in this)

|

7/1/2017 4:28 AM

I cant tell if you guys are talking about g turn 180s or some next shit

|

7/4/2017 5:49 AM

It's in the hips and shoulders more than legs, but yeah. The later the front wheel touches down the less scary it is, but less legit it is

|