[Help] How to bunny hop over things?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2013 6:47 AM

Heya guys smile I have the fear of hopping over things, I can hop on top of a ledge. Highest I've ever hop ov was 4 stair but I have the fear of hopping over things. As there was once where I was bored so I went up to this mini ramp-ish thing that was only one curb height, when I launch off it, I instantly tuck to see how high I would be able to jump and my bike tilted forward and I landed front wheel. That was a pretty scary moment for me as I thought I was gonna face plant the floor or get launch forward. I also have the fear of hoping over objects that is just 3steps high as im scared that I will tilt forward again.

What should I do to correct my mistake?

Thanks smile

|

8/22/2013 7:01 AM

Well let me just say one thing, If you are afraid of hopping... Then this is the wrong hobby for you.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/22/2013 7:13 AM

I'm not sure how to explain it haha, Its like I can hop up things but I can 'just hop' because when I tuck with my left I will lean forwards, which makes me land front wheel 1st. This only happens when I try to tuck alot/as much as I can.

|

8/22/2013 11:03 AM

keep your head up more

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/22/2013 3:06 PM

push the bars in your chest and stay in the middle of the bike

|

8/22/2013 10:05 PM

Thanks guys! smile I try to keep my head up more and stay in the middle of the bike! Hopefully I'll be able to hop over things when I go ride smile

|

8/23/2013 3:48 AM

You gotta be kidding me

|

8/28/2013 6:48 PM

You have to start somewhere, give this guy a break

|

My Whip Fresher Than Fresh Fruits And Vegetables

8/29/2013 9:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2013 9:40 AM

I imagine you guys , when started bmxing hoping over every shit. come on. If you tuck the most as you canand you land front wheel you have to push your bars higher and push them forward when youre on the highest point. It's instinct i don't know how to explain well. i've been riding for 8 months and i can hop 40 cm. you get better with time.

|

8/30/2013 4:04 PM

Sounds like you're not pulling up/back enough. That's the only reason I could see for your landing so nose heavy. Sometimes the same thing happens to me if I get on a friends bike with lower bars. Just lean back a little harder/for a split second longer before you snap the bike forward and tuck. As for hoping over stuff, it's really not so scary once you have your technique down. Keep practicing hoping up stuff, once you can hop up a picnic bench, you know you're ready for a small rail hop (maybe start with a stem height rail). It's all about timing, you want to hop so that your front wheel goes over the rail before you tuck (while you're in that boned-out position/pulling up. Then once your front wheel clears the rail is when you snap the bike forward and suck up the back end (by this point your front wheel might be lower than the rail, but it's already past the rail so it doesn't matter) All that matters at this point is that you have you back wheel tucked up against your ass so it doesn't clip the rail. Hold your tick for a second to make sure your clear of the rail, then level out and roll away smooth and clean into the sunset...

|