How do you brakeless skid/drift?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2016 3:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2016 3:04 AM

Perfect example:

&t=1m11s

When i had brakes a long time ago this was so easy and i did them everywhere.

I can't do them brakeless at all. I try to replicate the motion but It just feels like my tires are super grippy and they won't budge.

I have 180 nose pivots dialed and i though maybe it's like a really low 180 nose pivot where your back tire barely comes off the ground. Tried that but it doesn't seem to be working.

And what's with the ones where they stick the foot in the ear tire like this:
&t=4m9s

At first i thought maybe it's just an easier version for people that can't really do them. But it's hard to believe Alex Kennedy can't pull a legit skid though.

And how do you do a full 180 skid too like this:
&t=9m9s

They make it look so easy. I can't figuire it out.
|

3/2/2016 3:11 AM

Here's another good 180 skid:

&t=3m22s
|

3/2/2016 3:21 PM

Sounds like you've got the right idea. Speed is the key though, and commitment. Keep your weight over the front wheel, as soon as you put any weight over the back it'll stick and throw you off. Just drag the back tyre without lifting it. Can you do little kick out skids? It's the same principle as them

|

3/2/2016 6:39 PM

What's a kick out skid? Is that like the back tire skid on the edge of a quarter pipe? I can't do those.

I'm good at doing the 180 pivot / g-turn thing so I'm use to throwing my weight into a full 180 on the front wheel. Just hard to get that back tire to barely glaze the ground.

|

3/3/2016 11:16 PM

It's when you kick the back end out and do a little brakeless skid, a lot of people do it to slow themselves down a little bit

|

3/4/2016 12:34 AM

lol, that's what I'm asking about. That's exactly what i can't do.

You must've just watched the video where they do the full 180 skid. That first video shows just a regular skid where the guy slows himself down after a grind.

The only time i kind of do them on accident is on cement with some loose dirt on it.

|

3/4/2016 11:31 PM

Just put your weight over the front wheel and kick the back end out. You could practice doing them on something slippery to get the technique down. It's a little bit like a short nose manual but you just let the tyre drag instead of lifting it up

|