How do you drop in on half pipe?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2013 1:47 PM

I'm just getting back on the bike after 4 years and I'm a little sketched out about dropping in on quarter and half pipes. I know you do it at an angle, but how do you commit and what other tips do you guys have? And also how you 180 back and forth on the half pipe? thanks!

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

6/18/2013 3:39 PM

The indoor skatepark that's near my house is mainly all quarter pipes and half pipes so...

|

6/18/2013 6:26 PM

you said it yourself.... You just commit.

Everyone commits differently we all have our reasons to why we ride. You just have to muster up the courage and commit. When I commit to do things I try to calm myself and realize what I'm doing for what I'm doing it and if I believe I can pull it off. Sometimes I fall on purpose to try and get a feel for the consequences, mind you when you fall it's usually unexpected so it might work might not.

Just commit, start small, and give it a shot.

|

6/18/2013 6:37 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

you said it yourself.... You just commit.

Everyone commits differently we all have our reasons to why we ride. You just have to muster up the courage and commit. When I commit to do things I try to calm myself and realize what I'm doing for what I'm doing it and if I believe I can pull it off. Sometimes I fall on purpose to try and get a feel for the consequences, mind you when you fall it's usually unexpected so it might work might not.

Just commit, start small, and give it a shot.

I've watched tons of videos on YouTube and they said its actually pretty simple, it's just committing and following through with it. But how do you 180 back and forth in the half pipe?

|

6/18/2013 10:27 PM

roll in

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

6/19/2013 12:03 PM

SickDude wrote:

roll in

thats not dropping in. For you LDewy just bunny hop and lean forward a bit.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/20/2013 10:11 PM

SickDude wrote:

roll in

feeble_to_face wrote:

I've been told to go at it side ways and go into it walking speed and lift the front tire to clear the coping and lean into it. It's so nerve wrecking though!

|

7/18/2013 8:08 PM

SickDude wrote:

roll in

feeble_to_face wrote:

LDewey wrote:

I've been told to go at it side ways and go into it walking speed and lift the front tire to clear the coping and lean into it. It's so nerve wrecking though!

If you dont got a huge sprocket, go straight in

|

7/18/2013 8:51 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

LDewey wrote:

BMX4LIFE9918 wrote:

If you dont got a huge sprocket, go straight in

I have 25t and it catches. I figured out how to do it the right way but thanks

|