How fast should I go for manuals?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2013 3:22 PM

I know it's easier to maintain the manual while going fast but what about when learning how to do them?

I usually practice at little more then jog speed. Should I try them faster?

|

4/27/2013 7:27 PM

Go as fast as u feel comfortable. I learned to hold them going down a slope. Going slow is much harder but once u get a feel for them u can control it at any speed

|

4/28/2013 12:49 AM

wnb85 wrote:

Go as fast as u feel comfortable. I learned to hold them going down a slope. Going slow is much harder but once u get a feel for them u can control it at any speed

Okay I'll be trying them faster

|

4/29/2013 10:27 AM

you practice balance and go faster as you get more comfortable... and learn how to bail out

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/29/2013 12:57 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

you practice balance and go faster as you get more comfortable... and learn how to bail out

I can bail out and I think i even do it too much, I'll bail out instead of trying to correct with my knees

|

4/29/2013 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2013 2:26 PM

Ya I'd say ur going perfect speed. But I see a lot of people make this mistake. Don't try to move you knees much. Try to find your balance point and then experiment with moving your knees. After awhile it just naturally happens for me and everyone I know, nobody thinks about it while manualing.

|

References - jared42069

4/29/2013 7:52 PM

just go at any speed you are comfortable with, it seems like you are going at a good speed so far, as you get better at them you can go faster or slower if you'd like. i started off with around your speed but now everything i do is at a full on speed unless its within fine quarters

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/30/2013 8:09 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

just go at any speed you are comfortable with, it seems like you are going at a good speed so far, as you get better at them you can go faster or slower if you'd like. i started off with around your speed but now everything i do is at a full on speed unless its within fine quarters

I tried them today and for a second there I think i clicked in my balance point. The front wheel didn't go up or down and I didn't move my knees. Gotta keep trying them :D

By the way should I bother trying to wheelie (pedalling) before the manual?

|

4/30/2013 10:34 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

vIKz wrote:

I tried them today and for a second there I think i clicked in my balance point. The front wheel didn't go up or down and I didn't move my knees. Gotta keep trying them :D

wheelies and manuals have a whole different feel, i mean if your starting to drop your front end you can give it a crank to keep you going, ive done that before

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/1/2013 2:23 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

wheelies and manuals have a whole different feel, i mean if your starting to drop your front end you can give it a crank to keep you going, ive done that before

But are they any easier?

|

5/1/2013 5:20 PM

Depends. I've seen mountain bikers wheelie for blocks. But they can't manual for shit. I can manual for almost a block going a little faster than walking speed but can't wheeling more that a few feet.

|

References - jared42069

5/1/2013 6:56 PM

vIKz wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

vIKz wrote:

But are they any easier?

yeah when me and my friend got our bike it was one of our first tricks and in less than a month we were able to wheelie a block ive been practicing manuals for almost 2 months and on a good one i get about 7 t o9 parking spaces , but i would recommend learning the wheelie it gives you a feel of what a balance point feels like and you learn when you need to lean back alot and controll yourself

|

5/2/2013 11:13 AM

chad88 wrote:

yeah when me and my friend got our bike it was one of our first tricks and in less than a month we were able to wheelie a block ive been practicing manuals for almost 2 months and on a good one i get about 7 t o9 parking spaces , but i would recommend learning the wheelie it gives you a feel of what a balance point feels like and you learn when you need to lean back alot and controll yourself

Okay thanks, I'll give em a try smile

|