How long did it take you to learn 180 bunny hops?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/19/2019 6:35 PM

Any tips? I’m struggling

|

10/21/2019 7:09 AM

I still have problems with them when I am either trying to 180 down stairs, up curbs, or going faster than Im used to. It took me a good while before I could do them nearly everytime with a clean rollout on flat.

Are you on a freecoaster or cassette?

|

10/21/2019 7:15 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I still have problems with them when I am either trying to 180 down stairs, up curbs, or going faster than Im used to. It took me a good while before I could do them nearly everytime with a clean rollout on flat.

Are you on a freecoaster or cassette?

I have a freecoaster it’s been my 4th day on 180s and I can do the 180 most tries but have problems rolling out because I land too leaned forward

|

10/21/2019 7:20 AM

4 days is nothing, you are doing great!

One of the tricks is to lean back on the landing to take some weight off the front of the bike. Just dont lean too far back because you will end up doing an accidental fakie manual. Lol

Can you half cab or pivot out of a fakie rolling off a quarter? If not, I recommend you learn that first and then connect the 180 with the rollout.

|

10/21/2019 7:23 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

4 days is nothing, you are doing great!

One of the tricks is to lean back on the landing to take some weight off the front of the bike. Just dont lean too far back because you will end up doing an accidental fakie manual. Lol

Can you half cab or pivot out of a fakie rolling off a quarter? If not, I recommend you learn that first and then connect the 180 with the rollout.

Yes I would say I’m pretty much good with faking and halfcalbing i learned does after I learned the bunny hop. I can’t go fakie too far but I can get out of it

|

10/21/2019 3:24 PM

I honestly can't remember how long it too me to learn 180's. Probably about a month to get them consistent on flat. But I can honestly say I've done literally thousands of them over the last decade. One of the most versatile tricks as you can do anywhere!

|

10/22/2019 3:36 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

I honestly can't remember how long it too me to learn 180's. Probably about a month to get them consistent on flat. But I can honestly say I've done literally thousands of them over the last decade. One of the most versatile tricks as you can do anywhere!

Definitely, and it's such a cool feeling sensation; rolling backwards while your body is faced forward.

To the OP, are you able to do flyout 180's and half cab or pivot out? Did I already ask that? Lol

|