How the hell do people do hang 5's! Lol

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2016 2:41 PM

Just put pegs on my bike and it seems retarded hard lol. Just curious. I know it just takes alot of practice but damn i cant hardly get the back end up.

|

8/5/2016 3:30 PM

You kind of lift the back wheel, hop onto your peg, push your bars forward and down, and let your seat smack your ass. It takes a while to get it just perfect so you land in a good balancing position, then you balance it. It's damn near impossible if you put your foot on the peg first. I never had them dialled, but got the technique for a while (well, a day, then took the pegs back off).
You kind of push your bars down to keep the seat at your ass/keep the back wheel up, then balance with your body weight/other foot

|

8/5/2016 3:42 PM

Thanks man. U def know your shit with everything lol. I've learned alot from u!

|

8/6/2016 12:03 PM

No worries buddy. As I said, I only kind of got my head around them for a bit before taking the pegs back off, so it's only theory really!

|

8/10/2016 12:29 AM

put your foot on the peg first.

push your bars forward while you take your foot off your pedal. the seat will come up and hit you in the ass and you'll go over the bars. You can spread your legs and jump over the bars to get away from your bike.

Eventually, you'll find the balance point.

once in the balance point, keep the seat on your ass and push your bars forward with your arms. that will keep the back end up.

seems like it took me nearly a year to learn this trick. But I had no videos to watch of other people and no friends that could do them to learn from.

|

8/10/2016 6:31 AM

Build yourself a hang five bike get a pair of extra bars, a fork, and wheel with pegs. Put it together and try riding it, this will help with balancing and getting used to the feel of a hang five. If you dont have the extra parts the way I learned it is to go near a ledge and put myself in the hang five position then push off the ledge.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!