How to Build a Trail Wood Bridge

Related:
Create New Tag

4/16/2019 1:34 PM

What’s going on?

So I’ve been really inspired lately by these wild mountain bike trails with the wood bridges and other wooden features to ride. Of course I have a BMX bike though, so thought it would be cool to build up a trail in that style, but tailored to being ridden by a BMX bike! Ive got 6 unique features built up so far including a kicker, wood bridge, grind rail over table top and a berm wall ride (some videos being edited for upload now). I’m gonna be uploading all of them to a YouTube channel on how to build these and thought people on this forum would like how to videos about these kinds of ramps and set ups in a forest trail setting. Here’s the video showing how to make a full bridge with drop off using the planks from pallets. Hope this is helpful to others wanting to build up some trail features too!

|

6/7/2019 11:15 AM

Thats impressive. What was the time effort for the dirt bank parts? We have some wood trails that are fast flat clay but need some berms to really rip.

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

6/8/2019 8:13 AM

Oldguyjon wrote:

Thats impressive. What was the time effort for the dirt bank parts? We have some wood trails that are fast flat clay but need some berms to really rip.

Thanks man! I did each dirt berm in a day.. two at most. Giving it I think 3-4 hours per day. I was the only one building them though with just a shovel and wheel barrow. Seems like it takes longer than it actually does honestly. I turned the hole I got the dirt from into a fly out so it was like building two features at once. Do it up! Adds so much to be able to maintain speed around a berm

|