How to Make my Haro BMX bike faster?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2014 5:42 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo

Hi this is my first bike and i know NOTHING about bicycles. I learned to ride on this bicycle. it is heavy and slow. i bought it at a garage sale. i do not know if this was altered in a way to make it slower or if they are built that way or if "all" bmx bikes feel this way when riding it but it makes my legs very sore due to the effort involved in pedling this heavy bike and i was wondering if i could make it go faster by replacing and adding parts? Please give me all the info I need to make this bicycle faster! it is at least good for the frame, yes? Provide links. All info is appreciated, but please no sarcasm. I want to be able to go 5 miles on this bike easy. to use it for training and travel. I suppose i could sell this one or buy a new one from scratch but am weighing the option of altering it to go faster. if a faster bike would be cheaper than a repair/mod on this bike in particular then tell me which bike to look for on craigslist
|

6/12/2014 2:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2014 2:39 PM

Smaller sprocket in front will make pedaling not feel as heavy at lower Speeds, however, once your up in speed you cant pedal cause it generates too little force, or how i should phrase it.

|

6/15/2014 12:30 PM

nope. just ride it and replace as stuff bends and breaks...

or add a couple wicked racing stripes for speed

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "