How to? Stand up..

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2013 10:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2013 10:38 AM

I haven't been riding that long. Trying to get used to how my bike feels as far as no hands go. I can ride on one side of the pegs, back, and front no handed. Just something I do when I am bored. Anyway its fuckin sick to see someone hop up on their bars and ideally that would be the goal ha but now I am working on putting my foot under the seat and the other on the stem. I can't let go for shit! I mean I can I am not afraid but I just can't get the balance down. Should I move my foot on top of the bars and learn that way first? Also the top of my stem isn't exactly flat. Its a front load stem. Would a top load or maybe even some 4 PC bars help me out or do I just shut up and keep practicing with what I have. My foot just feels kinda shaky on the stem. Any advise? I realize its kinda gay just trying new things.

|

Over 500+ transactions on eBay at 100%. - jddewitt
Refs: nshs2010, handlebar-to-face, HardBMX_Tim

8/5/2013 10:45 AM

My stem bolt kinda sticks up too..

|

8/7/2013 6:02 PM

surfing! I used to do that a lot.... I can only get a few feet though, you just kinda practice and take your hands off higher and higher each time

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/8/2013 1:06 PM

Did you go from top seat top bar or top tube to stem?

|

8/9/2013 3:03 PM

top seat, easiest to bail if shit goes bad.

top stem easier to keep balance once you let go!

top seat, top stem = surfing at his finest.

|

8/20/2013 4:16 PM

Thanks man.. top of seat just feels sketchy.. I'll work on it though.

|

8/28/2013 6:46 PM

Just wanted to say, when I saw the title of this post i was like "Srsly?" But I see what you mean...It's called a bar ride. It's a Mike Hucker thing too haha. And sorry, I wouldnt know how to bar ride

|

My Whip Fresher Than Fresh Fruits And Vegetables

8/30/2013 4:13 PM

I've never really tried this, but it looks awesome and must be super fun. I'd say just keep practicing my dude!

|