How to clean and fix these bikes up.. GT Bump and Harro MAJOR WORK TO BE DONE and UPGRADES..Worth while?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2013 8:18 AM

Recently I was given 2 ok OLD beat up BMX bikes. Im trying to use one just as a back up bike when my son has a friend over and the other I plan to use for my self once I upgrade my son with a complete kitted bike in the next week or two.

So with that said I have a GT and a Harro. The harro is crazy heavy.. and just beat up .. other then a new seat striping the stickers off and taking the front breaks off I dont see much worth doing to this one?

here are a couple of the pics of the harro
Photo

Im kind of concerned with the gyro on this one.. is that suppose to have such a gap?

Photo

Photo

Now here is the GT I kinda like this bike for now. And im thinking like this. I will ultimately want a pretty good and solid bike. So i will change my parts o n this little by little, wheels, brackets, seats, handle bars all the way to the point that I just need a new frame. strip it of parts and sap it on a new good and solid frame. As im a picky person so the control of picking the parts I think will serve me much better in the long haul.. unless someone else has a suggestion? Im very new to all this other the the fact that since I was a kid Ive always admired BMX and BMX freestyle riding... I just wanna have some fun and learn some stuff with my son..

Here are some picks anyone with suggestions of ideas on how i Should approach this please let me know.. Also are these 1 piece or 3 piece cranks? How do I tell? and can I change it to a 3 if its not?

Also are these bike chains able to be saved?

Photo
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/25/2013 5:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2013 5:58 PM

my self personally would ride the gt with the tires off of the haro, until you can buy a better bike

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype