How to make crappy dirt work... ? Dirtjumps

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2016 3:23 PM

Hey guys

So recently we have created some dirt jumps with permission of course, it is in quite a central place in the village..

The dirt we got seemed great at first, the jumps we made seemd quite hard and rode pretty nice. Of course we were trying to keep them in shape but that is the problem..

The jumps are starting to crumble down real fast into sand, this also happens between the jumps, there is a lot of loose sand. This obviously isn't going to work on the long term because we can't keep up.
Do you guys know any way on how to stiffen up the jumps? I've read some things about adding cementpowder to the dirt to make it bond and set real hard, does this work?

|

Check out SeckClothing.com ! Awesome BMX clothing and parts! For any questions you can message me wink

9/14/2016 10:32 PM

I saw some guys that they always sprinkled it with water. I doubt it is truth but idk.

|

Land it or go home

9/15/2016 3:46 AM

Jackie wrote:

I saw some guys that they always sprinkled it with water. I doubt it is truth but idk.

Yeah, we use water of course, but we also have trouble with getting our jumps moist.. the water in some points even runs off the sand immediatelyand only a thin layer on top will get wet

|

Check out SeckClothing.com ! Awesome BMX clothing and parts! For any questions you can message me wink

9/15/2016 1:42 PM

Yeah you need to water them more. You don't want them wet, but the moisture helps the dirt stick together. Sounds like they don't get enough water often enough. I guess waiting for some good rain will help, so everything gets soaked. Then you can re shape it, pack it in hard, then try to get it watered more often.
You'll be building and repairing a lot more than riding, but that's part of trails I'm afraid. I know a guy who practically lives at his trails, he works on them through the week so they're rideable on the weekend. They rarely get ridden during the week

|

9/17/2016 8:59 PM

water them, cover them with plastic / tarps, etc

Get better dirt and put it on top of the not so good dirt..

Find a better place that has shade to have the jumps.

etc.

|