How to paint small parts.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2017 11:39 PM

Hi guys, need some help painting small parts on my bike like hubguards and maybe stem bolts. Do I just buy a regular spray paint from the store and blast it at the part I wanna paint or is there a specific procedure to it? Just small parts not frames, bars or forks so doesn't have to be the best paint job. Thanks.

|

Rider & A Writer

5/8/2017 2:37 PM

Cheap spray paint is your best bet. It'll scratch off really easily no matter how much time and effort you put into it. So just give it a new coat from time to time

|

5/8/2017 3:30 PM

Cool, thanks.

|

Rider & A Writer

5/9/2017 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2017 12:44 PM

Prep work is key to a good paint job, sand it down smooth, wash multiple times, wipe down with rubbing alcohol or even windex. Hang it from a wire or coat hanger.

For bolts, I jab a piece of cardboard with a razor knife and shove the bolts in, lets you get an even coat without rolling around or turning them.

Try to get engine paint, at autozone or something, its some of the better spray paint.

If you can spray it and let it dry, then bake it in the oven at 150-200 degrees for a while it seems to last better.

|

5/10/2017 9:46 AM

That's some good advice, I'll try that once I get the parts. Do you just use sand paper to get the original paint off?

|

Rider & A Writer