I dont think i do my 180s right help?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2012 7:09 PM

So when i land my 180s or i think its a 180 my momentum (or whatever is called) is like 0. When i land i lift up my front tire and i cant roll out O_O how can i stop this from happening?

|

7/10/2012 1:13 PM

you need to practice your roll outs. try this by rolling up a quarter pipe and just rolling back down i backwards. once you can do those pretty consistently, try your 180's again on a slight downhill. this will help you keep momentum when you land. then you just gotta focus on pedaling backwards as soon as your tires hit the ground. this happened to me too when i was first learning 180's and the hill helped me a lot, i hope it does for you too. and just remember, practice practice practice. you'll get it eventually

|

7/10/2012 3:26 PM

For sure =)

|

7/11/2012 12:53 AM

that could be any of 3 problems. 1) you're not backpedaling fast enough 2) you're not going fast enough 3) you are swinging the bike/carving too much thus causing you to land far off to the side and you momentum is sideways instead of forward (now backwards)

most likely 3

|

7/14/2012 9:10 PM

I learned 180s downhill and fakieing out of them before I could fakie off a wall or ramp.
If you 180 with both tires leaving the ground at the same time, you might be landing hard at an angle. Try 180ing with the front wheel up first then back wheel like a regular hop. other than that, speed is a huge deal. Also, try backpedaling more when you land. It's scary to 180 while moving quickly, but wear safety gear, and once you can do it, it's more fun than going slowly.

|

8/1/2012 8:50 AM

Halls4bigfoot wrote:

you need to practice your roll outs. try this by rolling up a quarter pipe and just rolling back down i backwards. once you can do those pretty consistently, try your 180's again on a slight downhill. this will help you keep momentum when you land. then you just gotta focus on pedaling backwards as soon as your tires hit the ground. this happened to me too when i was first learning 180's and the hill helped me a lot, i hope it does for you too. and just remember, practice practice practice. you'll get it eventually

Yes pedaling backwards as soon as it hits is very important to me

|