Is it possible to balance a footjam for a long time?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2018 12:02 PM

Ive been practicing my foot jams. I tend to want to tip over but I do land some. I'm right foot forward so when I hop onto the tire I straighten my left leg out and almost try to "lift" the rear end up by the pedal as well.

I found sometimes I lose my balance quickly so I wanted to try to balance a footjam for several seconds. After watching some videos, it sounds like you will lose your balance no matter what? Either I fall out the side or fall back.

|

9/18/2018 1:18 AM

Most people that are good at footjams will readjust their balance by doing small hops while still in the footjam.

|

9/18/2018 2:50 PM

It's literally balance. Find the balancing point and you'll be able to hold it

|

9/20/2018 7:19 AM

screamingtiger wrote:

Ive been practicing my foot jams. I tend to want to tip over but I do land some. I'm right foot forward so when I hop onto the tire I straighten my left leg out and almost try to "lift" the rear end up by the pedal as well.

I found sometimes I lose my balance quickly so I wanted to try to balance a footjam for several seconds. After watching some videos, it sounds like you will lose your balance no matter what? Either I fall out the side or fall back.

Wide tires and sticky shoes help, but it is balancing on a wheel, so you're going to roll forwards or backwards no matter what. Find the balance point, really wedge your foot in there and like people said, small correction hops.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.