Issues with confidence...

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2017 3:13 PM

One of my buddies & myself have been working on flyout barspins. We put a mattress on the side to cushion the learning curve a bit & it works great. My buddy almost has them figured out. Myself on the other hand, am having problems throwing the bars the first time. Im padded up & landing on a cushion! I know that I am capable. My throw & catch is thoroughly rehearsed. Anyone else have this issue with there first attempts? I have always been able to push past this kind of thing. Very frustrated right now. Thanks

|

12/29/2017 5:34 AM

It's pretty much just getting over the fear. They're not hard, you just have to force yourself to commit

|

12/29/2017 11:42 AM

i can sing songs about confidence and commitment, its never going to change if you chase big personal goals. barspins were the hardest for me personally, as there is no half way of doing it. but once you get barspins, youll worry about leaning too far back when learning barspin to tailtaps, literally destroying your foot when doing barspins to footjam or breaking your hands doing double bars landing too late. i always ask myself what holds me back from trying and think about ways of avoiding the risk. in most of cases i realise that i worry about bullshit. it also pushes me insanely when im riding with friends who are better then me or watching hours of videos. but thats completly personal and different for everyone. im sure youll find your way. oh and for first throwing barspins, do it into a foampit if you have one accessible. i way trying to learn them for about 2 years, but as soon as i really threw and comitted to one into foam i learned them on wood next day

|

12/19/2018 7:24 PM

Just say fuck it , pray you don’t hurt yourself . Fly out perfect throw and catch , there not a certain song that’ll get you pumped enough ?

|

1/28/2019 11:48 PM

you just gotta send it. fuck what happens, it really is just getting over the fear. my biggest fear was being impaled in the crotch by the bars, but it hasnt happened yet. almost got jhop barspins now

|

1/30/2019 12:58 PM

whosbender wrote:

One of my buddies & myself have been working on flyout barspins. We put a mattress on the side to cushion the learning ...more

You have any ramps to airbags or foampits near you?

|

1/30/2019 6:32 PM

I wish! Unfortunately no.

|

1/30/2019 6:53 PM

whosbender wrote:

Well thats out...Maybe a ramp into a body of water?

|

4/20/2019 12:13 PM

no matter how many times you land any trick that scares you it will always be scary but if you can get past that consistently youll be able to do em easily

|

6/4/2019 9:23 AM

whosbender wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Well thats out...Maybe a ramp into a body of water?

Or grass. Parks often have a flyout with a 3' walkway around it surrounded by grass. Even that helps the crash, you still get bruised by the bike but you don't get sanded by the concrete smile.

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork