My cranks are making a weird clicking noise, help!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2013 6:21 PM

It's making me nervous cause I just bought this bike a week ago. My cranks just started making a loud click whenever I push down the right crank, I don't know if it could be the bottom bracket, or the chain or something, or even the pedals. But it's making me nervous, please HELP!

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

7/1/2013 8:55 PM

loosen them then tell me if they are still makin the noise that's what I did to mine and it was fine after that

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/2/2013 9:55 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

loosen them then tell me if they are still makin the noise that's what I did to mine and it was fine after that

I took the crank off and took out the bottom bracket to inspect it, and theres something wrong in the bb thats making the clicking noise.

|

7/7/2013 10:33 AM

Shadow2 wrote:

LDewey wrote:

I took the crank off and took out the bottom bracket to inspect it, and theres something wrong in the bb thats making the clicking noise.

Probably a unsealed bottom bracket. Buy a new spindle that fits your cranks that's for a sealed bb kit. Then buy a sealed
Kit that fits your bike .

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

7/7/2013 11:24 AM

Shadow2 wrote:

LDewey wrote:

agcrx wrote:

Probably a unsealed bottom bracket. Buy a new spindle that fits your cranks that's for a sealed bb kit. Then buy a sealed

No, it's a sealed bottom bracket. I ordered a new demolition bb so hopefully it fixes the problem.

|

7/7/2013 11:26 AM

LDewey wrote:

agcrx wrote:

LDewey wrote:

No, it's a sealed bottom bracket. I ordered a new demolition bb so hopefully it fixes the problem.

Damn I woulda Atleast tried to fix it first ahahahaha, but yea that should fix it

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

8/25/2013 7:23 PM

I don't know if you have fixed this problem but I fixed mine at the skatepark yesterday, my sprocket was of the part where it was supposed to be in the spindle, push it back on and tighten everything

|