Need help fast! Tall riders! Do i have too high bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2017 9:21 AM

Heya guys !

Im 194cm (If its better for u as i know its 6,3(?) ) i have a 10" bar and a cult salvation stem (3,3cm rise) + 34r roto headset +1 small placer. My bar is higher than the bar of my friends 26 mtb, I feel it sooo comfortable, but i cant control my bike enough. I cant even do a tailwhip cuz i dont feel the rotation and dont feel that when the bike gets under me. Ive done tailwhips with the bikes of my friends (9 bars, shadow chula stem, no placer- for example. that was the most comfortable bike for whippin' 'round). So i cant pull it under myself, cant land that whip with my own bike. I have noproblems in any other tricks, but im getting sick of this tailwhip. Im afraid a 9 bar will be bad for me on longterm use or i dunno. What do u guys think? Sorry for my english if its bad and thanx for ur answers.

|

5/16/2017 9:51 AM

Maybe it's not the bars. Maybe your friend's frame has a shorter back end and lower stand over height which makes it easier to whip the bike around and get it under you. The bars set up you're riding seems fine to me for your height. If you can borrow a friend's 9' bars for a week or so you could try that and play around with different sizes.

|

Rider & A Writer

5/16/2017 11:02 AM

My friend has an industry taylormade frame, i have a wtp patron. In other things my bike feels more comfortable for me. Not just the bars, the frame too.

|

5/16/2017 3:23 PM

Maybe it's the stem, try switching back to the old one. Or get a front load stem, that might bring the bars down a bit but might be easier to whip around.

|

Rider & A Writer

5/24/2017 3:48 PM

Can't you ask your friend to try his bars on your bike? or turn the stem upside down?

|