Need help lifting my back tire for bunny hop HELP

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2018 3:20 PM

I know how to lift my front wheel up but can’t lift my back wheel I watched a ton of YouTube vids no success they tell you to kind of scoop up your pedals well I can do it when the bike is not moving but when I try to do it while moving I just end up back pedaling or doing nothing really I don’t know if this will help but I am 5 feet 6 inches and 112 pounds.

|

12/29/2018 8:59 PM

Just do it up small crubes or down hills and it will come naturaly, and u r scooping ur pedals wrong if u r pedaling backwards

|

Street yes please

12/30/2018 6:06 AM

You don't scoop your pedals. That's not something you consciously do when hopping.
Learn to manual, and learn endo's against walls (or front brake, obvs). Then do this: endo (get your ass over the back wheel, straighten your arms), pull your brake, control the back wheel dropping by bending your arms and straightening your legs (this is just a balance thing, don't force it. Just use your knees and elbows to help with balance), let the back wheel come back down and start to move your weight back a little. When the back wheel hits the floor, lift the front (manuals will help you learn your balance point). As your front wheel comes up you should be starting to straighten your legs, exactly the same as when you jump without a bike, or on a pogo stick. Jump. It's that simple.
To start getting it higher, jump higher and bring your knees higher, and push forward with your bars.
Once the bike is upright, it's the same as a pogo stick. The higher you lift the front, the more you have to lean forward to counter balance it, again, learning to hold a manual will help massively with that.
It's lots of little steps all put together into a fluid motion. Try not to over think each step as being an individual element.
You can also use the endo technique to kind of test yourself. See how long you can balance on the back wheel with your brake pulled. And see how many hops you can do keeping the front wheel up. This will help you build muscle in all the places you need. Repetition is key, but don't be discouraged if it takes a while

|

1/30/2019 1:28 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You don't scoop your pedals. That's not something you consciously do when hopping.
Learn to manual, and learn endo's against walls (or front brake, obvs). Then do this: endo (get your ass over the back wheel, straighten your arms), pull your brake, control the back wheel dropping by bending your arms and straightening your legs (this is just a balance thing, don't force it. Just use your knees and elbows to help with balance), let the back wheel come back down and start to move your weight back a little. When the back wheel hits the floor, lift the front (manuals will help you learn your balance point). As your front wheel comes up you should be starting to straighten your legs, exactly the same as when you jump without a bike, or on a pogo stick. Jump. It's that simple.
To start getting it higher, jump higher and bring your knees higher, and push forward with your bars.
Once the bike is upright, it's the same as a pogo stick. The higher you lift the front, the more you have to lean forward to counter balance it, again, learning to hold a manual will help massively with that.
It's lots of little steps all put together into a fluid motion. Try not to over think each step as being an individual element.
You can also use the endo technique to kind of test yourself. See how long you can balance on the back wheel with your brake pulled. And see how many hops you can do keeping the front wheel up. This will help you build muscle in all the places you need. Repetition is key, but don't be discouraged if it takes a while

Did you mean to post this somewhere else?

|

1/31/2019 4:09 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

No it's just a little technique to help people learn how to get the back wheel off the ground when they hop

|

1/31/2019 5:53 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

No it's just a little technique to help people learn how to get the back wheel off the ground when they hop

I re-read the post and I am able to see what you were suggesting. I read it when I was sleepy before.

|

2/1/2019 1:09 AM

My gf had a similar problem, I told to do like a nose dive at the peak which made her actually hop with the front end and then the back end. She just needs to practice it a bit more and she should be bunny hopping normally. So when you bring your front up, and at the point where it can't go any higher try to nose dive but not massively and that should bring the back end up and let you get the feel of the motion of "scooping" it up. Hopefully this helps you!

|