Need help please with new bike

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2013 3:31 PM

So I just ordered a new bike off danscomp the CULT butter complete its my second bike now. It came half built all I had to do was throw on the front wheel and bars etc, and I have ride it once and by the end of the day there was already problems. My cranks spin by them selves when I'm not pedalling, so say I just want to coast and if I get my feet and legs out of the way the cranks will continue to go around by them selves. I tried fixing it but I don't know where the problem is in, is it the driver? Or the back hub? I have no idea. I might have been on to something because I got it to stop a little but it's not totally fixed and now my back wheel sounds like poop aswell it makes that awful clunky sound when you drop it on the ground, so any tips or suggestions would be good and it's a brand new out of the box bike sealed hubs aswell thanks.

|

8/18/2013 7:20 PM

About the back wheel noise : Be sure that the nuts that stays between the frame and the outside nut are tiight enough , but not to tight or the wheel won't spin. Check if youre spokes are tight too. About the cranks i can't help you , maybe it mgiht be about the way they are. did u saw if it's left side or right side drive? might be thatr!

|

8/18/2013 8:52 PM

about your crank issue, do they go forward when you have your feet on them?

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/19/2013 6:13 AM

jj0996 wrote:

Yes they try to but the weight of my body keeps then from going around but you can feel them trying to go around.

|

8/19/2013 7:05 AM

Get that shit returned man

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/19/2013 2:45 PM

jj0996 wrote:

terrinbmx wrote:

Yes they try to but the weight of my body keeps then from going around but you can feel them trying to go around.

ride it around for a week or 2 then if it dosnt work its self out send it back

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/19/2013 5:14 PM

I'm sure it says somewhere on the box/instructions/packing information that, "the bike must be assemble by a professional mechanic". Sounds like you should take it to a shop. I don't think Dans is going to let you return it used.

How tight is your chain?
Are the cone nuts (ones inside the frame) on your wheel tight?

I would take a new bike apart and make sure it's put together correctly. I'd grease all the areas that need grease. When you're riding, check that parts are staying tight.

|