Need tailwhip help (video included)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2019 9:52 PM

So I've been stuck at this point for a few weeks now, I can get over the frame but I always pu*sy out and put my front foot down. Was wondering if anyone had any tips.

|

2/18/2019 5:38 AM

Can you pull it flyout? I suggest the cheating method of foam to resi to flyout. Looks like you could skip one or two of those steps though.

|

2/18/2019 11:02 AM

You need to pull it under you more at the end, rather than having to reach for the pedals.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/18/2019 1:02 PM

4130Junkie wrote:

Can you pull it flyout? I suggest the cheating method of foam to resi to flyout. Looks like you could skip one or two of those steps though.

Truthfully flyouts sus me out, always have - even barspins I learned by just throwing the bars on flatground like 7000 times until they stuck. I feel like I'm fine with the height I'm getting on these I just feel lanky in the air and don't know what to do with my legs .

|

2/18/2019 1:03 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

You need to pull it under you more at the end, rather than having to reach for the pedals.

How do I do that? Should I kick harder or something?

|

2/18/2019 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2019 1:35 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Get a bit more over the bars; they should always be under you, never in front of you and never too far to the side. I always found I had to force them down and backwards as part of the motion, from the moment I was off the ground. They're not a hard trick once you have the motion; just a matter of commitment and repetition.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/18/2019 2:10 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

falloftroy20 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Get a bit more over the bars; they should always be under you, never in front of you and never too far to the side. I always found I had to force them down and backwards as part of the motion, from the moment I was off the ground. They're not a hard trick once you have the motion; just a matter of commitment and repetition.

Thanks man, I always have a hard time with that because I'm scared to go over the bars. I think i should get shinpads, that might help with my confidence.

|

2/25/2019 7:32 AM

I notice you are turning your bars, which is losing a lot of the your main energy. Try to keep the bars straight when you shift them to the side. It will spin the bike around faster.

as for getting your feet on, its a mental thing you have to overcome. Maybe practice cans to get over it

|

2/28/2019 2:24 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

I notice you are turning your bars, which is losing a lot of the your main energy. Try to keep the bars straight when you shift them to the side. It will spin the bike around faster.

as for getting your feet on, its a mental thing you have to overcome. Maybe practice cans to get over it

Its really hard for me not to turn them as when I hop, if I don't move the bars out of the way by pushing them to the side then my knees/legs hit the stem or bars. How would i even remedy that?

Also, does it maybe have anything to do with the fact that I'm doing them downside on a hip? Shouldn't I be turning my body to get to the bike as opposed to waiting for it to come to me since I'm going downside? IDK, just a thought.

|

2/28/2019 2:44 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Its really hard for me not to turn them as when I hop, if I don't move the bars out of the way by pushing them to the side then my knees/legs hit the stem or bars. How would i even remedy that?

Also, does it maybe have anything to do with the fact that I'm doing them downside on a hip? Shouldn't I be turning my body to get to the bike as opposed to waiting for it to come to me since I'm going downside? IDK, just a thought.

I've always just let the bike come to me.

I'd agree with the don't turn the bars, to a point, as it can make the whip unpredictable. However, I do actually turn them a little on downside whips.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/29/2019 8:53 AM

Whenever I try to commit by sucking up my legs so that I don't pussy out and hit the ground before my bike, I usually do a dead sailor. It kinda seems like my legs are hitting my bars or something. I don't really know what to do guys sad I'll upload a video later.

|

6/10/2019 11:06 AM

Update.... so I "learned" them now but I always land to frame, as in front foot pedal and back foot on the frame/seat. Been trying to stick it to the rear pedal but I'm always landing frame. You guys have any tips to correct that?

|

9/13/2019 1:06 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Update.... so I "learned" them now but I always land to frame, as in front foot pedal and back foot on the frame/seat. Been trying to stick it to the rear pedal but I'm always landing frame. You guys have any tips to correct that?

You still aren't keeping the bike under you enough, because it is being allowed to "drift" or float away from you to the right it is really hard to get the back foot (right foot) on. You also could be reaching for the front pedal. Instead, let the pedal come to you with your front foot, and then the back pedal will be right where you can easily get it.

|