Need tips for fakies

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2013 8:47 PM

So I startes getting fakies, but I need some tips cause sometimes right when I ride up to the ramp I lose balance before in even ride backwards, sometimes I start riding backwards and I loose balance right away by going to much to one side and being forced to turn to the other and fall off. Here is a video on how I do them also now I don't pull like that when I turn around cause I learned that u need to pedal forward a little :D
Video: Fakie video

|

9/13/2013 5:34 AM

That's actually pretty good for starters.
Turn 1/2 a crank more at the end (you'll end up with your right foot forward) so you don't rely on pedal pressure and quickly turn your head to the direction you want to ride off in. Sooner or later it will just click in.
Keep practicing!

|

9/13/2013 11:11 AM

D.M.O. wrote:

Turn 1/2 a crank more at the end (you'll end up with your right foot forward) so you don't rely on pedal pressure and quickly turn your head to the direction you want to ride off in. Sooner or later it will just click in.
Keep practicing!

Haha thanks ill try that

|

9/15/2013 12:23 AM

D.M.O. wrote:

Keep practicing!

Haha thanks ill try that

|

9/15/2013 4:10 PM

keep an eye on your frnt wheel too this helped me heaps

|

9/15/2013 8:16 PM

I learned them on roll-outs on steep banks and a quarter. It might be overkill, but I was taught to do three reverse cranks and then once my front foot was back in front after the third crank (carve also initiated) apply pressure on the front foot and you'll fakie out. The theory behind the three cranks is that it helps you get comfortable with being in the fakie position and gives more practice with pedaling in reverse. Yours didn't seem too bad though.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/21/2013 9:21 PM

you gotta throw your bike forward (relative to your weight) right at the apex, then start pulling it back as you start coming back down. That split second where you stop moving always tips me over if I dont do this.

|

In midschool bike rides you.

9/29/2013 6:50 PM

Don't lean to forward when your going into fakie mode it throws you off balance and gives you less control of your bike, In other words don't put all your weight toward the front. I tend to lean back a little bit behind my seat. Keep practicing man you'll be Rollin in and out of fakie in no time!

|