Painting a frame...

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2015 2:55 PM

I really want to do something new with my bike and I wanted to paint a transparent red color on my frame. But I have never painted a frame so I wanted to ask for help on vital. My frame is already chrome by the way.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

12/28/2015 10:54 PM

De build your bike entirely, clean and degrease the frame thoroughly, hang it from something (like a washing line), follow the instructions on the can (they can vary between brands, but you want it the best you can get it). Always give it plenty of drying time. It will scratch easily over chrome though, no matter how well you do it

|

1/6/2016 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2016 10:17 PM

Sand blast it if you have access to that kind of hardware and then sand and were sand and sand again until it's completely free of any imperfections then hand it by something (I use a wire coat hanger)from the neck tube (what you put your bars and forks into) and paint it but make sure to not let it drip, do it in the right temperature and put more than one layer on and clear coat it after

|

1/14/2016 4:23 PM

Spray thin layers.Don't try to do it all at once. Putting on a mask is a great tip i think.

|

1/26/2016 8:08 AM

|

1/26/2016 3:18 PM

For everyone else that isn't going to read the op properly. It's a chrome frame. It doesn't need to be sand blasted or rawed. It just needs to be cleaned thoroughly.

It will chip and scratch easily though. No matter how good quality the clear coat is, or how well you do it

|