Question: Tailwhips

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2017 4:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2017 4:33 AM

So i'm currently learning whips after riding for a year or so, however, i used to scoot (kinda regretfully) so naturally i'd want to spin the bike clockwise because it feels more natural (that's the way i spun a deck on a scoot scoot) yet i'm right foot forward on a BMX, so unable to kick the frame with my back foot ..

I don't really want to re-learn the 'wrist motion' the other way ...

so my questions really are:

- What's the best way to get the frame around? would it be with solely shoulder / arm strength only etc. considering i can't kick with my backfoot?
- What's the correct term for this kind of whip? right foot forward, and spinning the frame clock wise (oppo, switch, goofy footed?)
- Are these style of whips harder to learn?

Thanks!

|

6/13/2017 12:01 AM

That way would be more natural to me too. I'm also right foot forward. But I have no interest in learning them.
It's called a downside whip, it's how taj used to do them. Search for "taj etnies forward" on YouTube, he does a really nice one at about 3 minutes in, then does a big wall ride to downside whip in the following clip.

I miss taj's riding. There should be more riders like him

|

8/12/2017 12:07 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That way would be more natural to me too. I'm also right foot forward. But I have no interest in learning them.
It's called a downside whip, it's how taj used to do them. Search for "taj etnies forward" on YouTube, he does a really nice one at about 3 minutes in, then does a big wall ride to downside whip in the following clip.

I miss taj's riding. There should be more riders like him

The closest thing we'll probably ever see to Taj again is Chase Hawk.

Flow and style.

|