Rebuilding a Diamondback for my son

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2016 10:37 AM

I picked up a 20" Diamondback BMX bike for my 9 year old son who wanted a new bike for Christmas. I am going to rebuild it and give it to him for Christmas rather than buy some shitty bike from Wal-Mart or some other big-box store. I am looking to get some insight as to where I can get specs on the bike and find the parts I need to pull it all apart and re-assebmble with new bearings.

I think I need a new seat, brake lever, bottom bracket and headset. I also wanted to get some new tires and maybe some rims but I wanted to get some good places to get quality parts so any hep is appreciated.

|

11/16/2016 10:58 AM

You might find some help with this from BMXmuseum. That's what those guys are really into. Rebuilding old bikes. It would probably help to know the model and year.

|

11/16/2016 11:03 AM

Thanks! I am trying to find the model but I am not having any luck nailing that down. I will check out the link you provided and see if they might have any info. Thanks again!

|

11/27/2016 11:22 AM

Posting a picture MIGHT help....

|

11/30/2016 11:06 PM

did you check for a serial number on the bottom? then maybe email them with the number. they could probably tell you whats up

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/1/2016 6:39 AM

Sorry about the delay in response, the guys over at bmxmuseum said it's a 2004 Session.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

I just got in some new parts, a sealed BB and a three piece crank. I need to get a freewheel for it.

|

12/1/2016 7:57 PM

I knew the museum dudes would know what it is. Nice bike.

|

12/2/2016 1:58 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I knew the museum dudes would know what it is. Nice bike.

they usually do know what it is lol

and nice! hopefully hell get years outta it.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "