Replacing Rear wheel help

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2017 6:07 PM

I bought a 2013 Haro a while ago and fixed it up a bit but later realized the axles are the small ones, and not 14mm. I measured the part of the frame where the axle goes and it is 14mm so can i just replace the wheel with a new one that is 14mm or will the bolts get in the way or something? Also, the bike is probably worth like $175 now so is it worth it to replace or should i just focus on getting a new bike? Thanks for the help

|

2/13/2017 6:05 AM

Id probably just get a new bike but there are rear wheels that can be bought for cheap. Up to you really. Im surprised you have front and rear 3/8" axles

|

2/13/2017 9:01 PM

Ok thanks for the help. The reason i have to get a new one is because i bent the old axle so i dont think 3/8" is working too great for me

|

2/24/2017 8:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2017 9:55 AM

Get a good 14mm 9t driver rear wheel. Later on you can buy a better frame and swap parts from the haro on to it.

Checked out your other threads. Swap to a 25t or 27t sprocket ( can't tell from your January thread if you did or not). Get a good rear wheel with 9t driver andownload 14mm axle.

Later on you can buy a better chromoly frame. Your crank arms will work with a different spindle (19mm sealed crank axle dans comp $12). Use your new-good rear wheel, either your current fork or a new one, your current stem. Bars are up to you, depends on what you like for height.

|