Same side drivetrain as natural grinding side?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2015 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2015 8:52 PM

So I just got a 2016 Kink Gap LHD for christmas, and at the time, me being new and ignorant towards BMX, didn't realize what LHD meant. I just thought it meant some fancy color difference. What I do know is that I grind on the left side of the bike. I just ordered some pegs and hub guards off of Dan's Comp. (Yes, the rear guard is for drive side)

The question is if there's some reason that you're not supposed to grind naturally on the same side as your drivetrain? I ask this because I never have seen pegs on the same side as the drivetrain unless there are four pegs.
Also, is there some negative aspect of LHD bikes since I see so few? Any help/information as soon as possible would be great!!

|

12/31/2015 12:14 AM

well if you plan to run 4 pegs, natural grind side on your drive side is better so you dont destroy your drivetrain trying oppo grinds

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

12/31/2015 2:05 AM

aussiebmxer wrote:

well if you plan to run 4 pegs, natural grind side on your drive side is better so you dont destroy your drivetrain trying ...more

This.
If you're only running pegs on one side it makes sense to have your drivetrain on the opposite side. If you run 4 pegs, it makes sense to have the drivetrain on your natural grinding side as you're less likely to miss a peg or whatevs (as your natural side should be easier).

|

12/31/2015 7:29 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much for now, it came about when sprockets were 14" across (44t). Modern bikes are a lot more resilient

|