Should I get a Subrosa?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2011 10:35 AM

I've heard good and bad things about the bikes. I'm looking at a brand new Subrosa Salvador for only $250, here's the link
Any advice would be great.
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/2704284165.html

|

Facebook
Currently Building: 2011 Premium Broadway

11/19/2011 10:38 AM

Nope, dont get that, if you want a complete SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy the nice ones PLEASE for the love of god!

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES-Subrosa/102014/2012_Subrosa_Malum_Dirt_Bike.html

|

BROC RAIFORD BIKE CHECK
Gucci Bike check BURRR
Lee_Rager, Beastassdick, Dolphin, scram hype, BMX4thahaters,Ron44ald,future FBM, NickRidesAlot
Matt at Randy Wise

11/19/2011 10:41 AM

Yeah, that's why I'm asking these kind of questions. I just want to make sure that what I'm getting isn't complete trash. I've never rode Subrosa, and I'm a tad skeptical.

|

Facebook
Currently Building: 2011 Premium Broadway

11/19/2011 11:04 AM

mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com wrote:

Nope, dont get that, if you want a complete SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy the nice ones PLEASE for the love of god!

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES-Subrosa/102014/2012_Subrosa_Malum_Dirt_Bike.html

this .

|

Check out my bike check :

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/Eddie-sitting-on-G-sports-with-some-comfortable-2-35-s,1248752

Refs : one size fits all , stksausce , lbonbi , swine ,Areanfsl , Ajp62696 , the bald (frame!) , Aguers , mattjmuldoon@yahoo.com , showtime402

11/20/2011 2:46 PM

i wouldn't recommend it, my friend cracked his subrosa frame by the headtube the other day, and i've heard many cases of the same thing happening to other people, so i'd say no.

|

12/16/2011 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2011 8:26 PM

Halls4bigfoot wrote:

i wouldn't recommend it, my friend cracked his subrosa frame by the headtube the other day, and i've heard many cases of the same thing happening to other people, so i'd say no.

Haha that was the fate of my Armada that I bought new in April 2011. That being said after some issues apparently with miscommunication due to the model year versus the purchase date between the middlemen in the warranty process it is being replaced with a full replacement. But I am the original owner, didnt buy it used.
A friend of mine bought the salvador complete and broke it near the headtube as well just before it was a year old. He was offered a free replacement stock frame or an upgrade to any current frame they have for $199. Again he bought it new.
Dont expect warranty on any used bike. If you have to buy used I suggest looking for a bike from a company not known to break often and look for one that hasnt been abused.
If your just starting out and plan to really learn to ride and most likely crash a fair bit during the learning process, buy one with a warranty from a company that stands behind their product.
Subrosa gives 1yr replacement and then after the year a limited crash replacement (discount towards new one).
In my case after everything was sorted out they stood behind their product.

Also Im sure if they have had known weak points that have cost them numerous replacements they have either fixed or are working on fixing the weak point. Only makes sense for any company to do so, or they will be giving out a lot of free product.

|

12/16/2011 8:40 PM

Halls4bigfoot wrote:

Team who cares wrote:

Haha that was the fate of my Armada that I bought new in April 2011. That being said after some issues apparently with miscommunication due to the model year versus the purchase date between the middlemen in the warranty process it is being replaced with a full replacement. But I am the original owner, didnt buy it used.
A friend of mine bought the salvador complete and broke it near the headtube as well just before it was a year old. He was offered a free replacement stock frame or an upgrade to any current frame they have for $199. Again he bought it new.
Dont expect warranty on any used bike. If you have to buy used I suggest looking for a bike from a company not known to break often and look for one that hasnt been abused.
If your just starting out and plan to really learn to ride and most likely crash a fair bit during the learning process, buy one with a warranty from a company that stands behind their product.
Subrosa gives 1yr replacement and then after the year a limited crash replacement (discount towards new one).
In my case after everything was sorted out they stood behind their product.

Also Im sure if they have had known weak points that have cost them numerous replacements they have either fixed or are working on fixing the weak point. Only makes sense for any company to do so, or they will be giving out a lot of free product.

is'nt the salvador a low end complete made out of hi-tensile steel, i dont think its who makes them.

|

12/16/2011 9:12 PM

Cameron_Maule wrote:

is'nt the salvador a low end complete made out of hi-tensile steel, i dont think its who makes them.

Yes it is, but they do still offer a warranty on them. And to be honest, the only reason my friends Salvador broke was because he got mad and started throwing it around the park. That was when and how it broke.

|

12/22/2011 11:49 AM

i had a subrosa an i had no problems with it at all i loved it just depends which one you get if you get a cheap one its not worth it but if you get a more expensive one it has a better chance of surviving

|

WANTED:
-=-=-=-=-=-
gsport birdcages: black

12/23/2011 10:27 AM

the salvador is good i have the 2012 and my friend has the 2010 and his stood up to busting trying to do a 540 of of a big sage at the rec in my neighborhood

|

12/23/2011 8:14 PM

don't listen to any of these people talking down on subrosa, subrosa is a legit brand and has great products i run alot of their products and havent had a single problem. long story short you'll get the quality as much money you're willing to throw into your bike. spend less=less quality/performance, spend more=better quality/performance.good luck with whatever you choose.

|

1/2/2012 4:59 PM

myridebetty wrote:

don't listen to any of these people talking down on subrosa, subrosa is a legit brand and has great products i run alot of their products and havent had a single problem. long story short you'll get the quality as much money you're willing to throw into your bike. spend less=less quality/performance, spend more=better quality/performance.good luck with whatever you choose.

Pretty well put.
And to follow up, My new Pandora frame that replaced my Armada seems solid so far and the downtube gusset design has been changed, which is where mine and others had broken before. So it seems that the recognized the issue and fixed it.
It will depend on your riding style and how smooth you are as well.

|

1/2/2012 5:00 PM

GET THAT 'BROSA!

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

1/9/2012 7:19 PM

mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com wrote:

I got a malum last year. Rides smooth and feels pretty good.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback