Smith Grinds

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2013 9:35 PM

Can't seem to get my back end up and over the ledge of my box... I end up double pegging almost every time. Tips?

|

Aw, yisss.

7/8/2013 10:00 AM

ride up to your box lift you back end up on box. and repeat. after that is done try hopping on to it and push with the foot thats on the opposite side

|

8/6/2013 6:48 PM

One thing that helped me with situations like this before I broke my foot was to practice on a curb.
No, you wont actually be grinding but it will help you build muscle memory and get your mind used doing things in that position.
Roll up next to the curb at comfortable speed, hop, pull up the back high than the front, and try to land smoothly with your front tire on the ground and your back tire on the curb.

Make sure you're not cheating and just lifting your back end up or you'll never get used to doing with this practice method.

|

8/7/2013 5:52 PM

I always justpracticed by hopping as high as a can over it and then dipping my front end onto it, and then once I realized I could do it, I just dialed it in so I wasn't hopping a half foot over it into a smith lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/13/2013 2:28 PM

Keep your upper body facing straight, but your legs need to go to the side, almost like you're doing a whip.

Actually, it's exactly like a whip, but make sure everything but your legs is facing forward or else you'll lose balance.

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin