Strider pro help

Related:
Create New Tag

12/18/2016 6:57 AM

I am wanting to switch out my boys stock strider bearings with ceramic bearings, I was wondering if anyone know where to get them or some info to point me in the right direction. I sent a email to strider and still awaiting a reply just thought I would ask you guys here and maybe get some feedback from someone that has already done this.
Thanks, Gabe

|

12/20/2016 1:54 AM

Ceramic bearings cost a lot of money. And they're sealed, so they'll only fit if it already has sealed bearings. The only bearings on a strider are the wheels and headset? Seems a bit over the top to want ceramic bearings on it. But, take the old bearings out (if they're sealed) and measure the inside diameter of the inner race, outside diameter of the outer race, and the width. Find somewhere local to you that sells bearings via Google, call them and see what they've got. Sealed bearings usually have a code on them, give that code to the bearing place and they'll know the dimensions. They'll probably cost more than the strider

|

12/20/2016 11:14 AM

Strider just got back with me and yeah they are sealed and the same size as most skate board bearings so there are many options. $5.00 to $15.00 a bearing.

|