Stuck on bunny hoping

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2013 1:14 PM

Hello I can't Bunny hop I can get my front tire off the ground but I can't get the back tire off the ground can any of you give me advice on bunny hoping

|

AMBER for life

4/8/2013 5:14 AM

Just scoop the pedals basicly and thry to get the seat up your ass is the best way to describe it. You can probally only get the back up first but after some practice youu'll get it..

|

4/8/2013 6:29 AM

basically lift up your front end hard, and when you do jump... i think thats an ok way to describe it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/10/2013 9:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2013 9:09 PM

this may sound really weird, but i pictured dolphins when i first learned how to hop. Like a fucking majestic dolphin, springing out of the water, then diving back in.. thats just how i pictured them. youll get it eventually. but basically just do what the people above are saying.

study this shit..

|

4/11/2013 5:42 AM

It helps if you angle your pedals down a little bit if that makes sense. I learned them by jumping little curb cuts...I'd pull up my front wheel then when my back wheel hit I'd pull that up. I kept poking the back wheel up earlier and eventually got it. Just stick with it, you'll get it!

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

4/11/2013 3:19 PM

Read this shit!!!
http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20080822161409/http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx0703.html

Something that helped me get used to lifting the back end up was to slowly roll up to a parking block, get the front over it then lift the back end up and over it. Breaking it down into separate sections helped me a lot and after only doing it a few times, I was able to string it together and get decent hops for how long I had been riding at that point.

|

4/11/2013 8:39 PM

cmores wrote:

this may sound really weird, but i pictured dolphins when i first learned how to hop. Like a fucking majestic dolphin, springing out of the water, then diving back in.. thats just how i pictured them. youll get it eventually. but basically just do what the people above are saying.

study this shit..

This might just be the best thing I've ever read

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

4/11/2013 8:42 PM

cmores wrote:

study this shit..

This might just be the best thing I've ever read

Oh and for bunny hops, try getting up curbs. Go slow towards a curb and lift your front wheel onto it, then kick your back end up onto it. Once you get comfortable with that try doing it all at once. Or if your trying them on flat ground, focus on landing on your front wheel. That will help you get the back one up in the air.

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

4/24/2013 7:19 PM

cmores wrote:

study this shit..

i would have learned to hop so much earlier if i saw that

|

4/25/2013 4:20 PM

just lean back much and when your in the right leaning postion you will fell like if you can jump

thats how i learned them soz if they werent clear ;s

|