WHY CANT I FAKIE

Related:
Create New Tag

6/16/2018 7:31 AM

After riding for a year i still cant fakie or cab i try pushing off a wall but always end up loosing my balance.

|

6/16/2018 7:46 PM

Practice...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/17/2018 11:58 PM

Try going faster

|

6/19/2018 1:06 AM

yeah you are definitely way to slow when just pushing off a wall
find a quater or a steep bank

|

IG: @_almost_crook

6/19/2018 1:49 AM

Can you 180? That's the easiest way to learn in my opinion, especially with half cabs, or just turning round, as you have the spinning momentum from the 180. Just slightly over rotate the 180, do a crank backwards, and it'll be easier

|

6/19/2018 11:52 AM

Robbie_Sutherland wrote:

After riding for a year i still cant fakie or cab i try pushing off a wall but always end up loosing my balance.

Any time I have trouble with fakies and get frustrated I remind myself going backwards on a bike so far from intuitive it’s hilarious. It’s a very weird thing, but start slow.

I’m getting better at them but still not dialed. Speed always helps with balance, always. If you’re scared of just pedaling and hopping into a 180, go up a bank, hop (no spin, no tricks, just hop with the bike straight up) and when you land it’s almost like a little reset button for your balance.

I’ve found either this or doing a quick back pedal kinda clicks me into being ready to balance backwards. From there you just gotta get a feel for what movements to make to correct yourself.

First thing to remember always like I said is...this is a weird trick that doesn’t feel natural until you’ve really put in the time.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/20/2018 11:19 AM

When rolling back drop your ass get close to your back wheel and back pedal slightly faster than you cranks. You will slowly gain your balance better over time

|