What type of jump to learn tricks on?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2013 12:07 PM

I have a concrete park that I've been going to but the layout is kinda sketchy. The only box jump is set up in a way that a beginner like myself can't get speed going into it.

My question is what type of ramp/jump do you find it easiest to practice new tricks on? The design of the park is like a big bowl so should I just try to fly out of quarter pipes on to the flat top? I want to start working on 360's and tabletops for now.

|

8/13/2013 1:13 PM

flyout

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/13/2013 3:15 PM

A flyout is like getting out of a pool? i'm scared of trying to 180 cuz i'm afraid of don'nt go enough further and smash my front wheel at the pool curb/end ( i don't know the term , i'm not english)

|

8/13/2013 5:59 PM

bernardo.costa.12139 wrote:

A flyout is like getting out of a pool? i'm scared of trying to 180 cuz i'm afraid of don'nt go enough further and smash my ...more

do them off of curbs, way easyer, and if your just learning the rotation you dont want to go rely fast, and you also want to know how to fakie out from banks first

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

8/13/2013 6:28 PM

I'm learning 180s flat or off a curb like you said. That's fine. But at the skatepark I just wasn't sure what was safest to jump off of so I don't kill myself.

The way I understand it is: A flyout is jumping out of a quarterpipe onto a flat surface. Is that right?

|

8/13/2013 7:06 PM

Futon wrote:

I'm learning 180s flat or off a curb like you said. That's fine. But at the skatepark I just wasn't sure what was safest to ...more

yeah or a bowl, dish, or a tabletop would be considered a fly out, anything that you get a lot of pop but, not a shit load of air.

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check