barspin help

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2010 7:33 PM

So basically i can throw the bars with a lil manual and i can throw them with one foot on a peg and one on a pedal, both on lock. But when i try and do hop bars, i go the knee pinching and i get my body in good position but for some reason when i throw the bars i throw the bike down with very little spin on the bars. Any thoughts? And i cant pinch my seat cuz its not slammed or w/e you call it so thats out of the question

|

5/6/2010 5:49 AM

sounds like your not throwing it in a circle. your trying to throw sideways and so its sending your bike off to the side rather than spinning the bars. try bringing your hand further back as your throwing

|

chicks dig scars

5/7/2010 6:32 PM

serealdesigns wrote:

sounds like your not throwing it in a circle. your trying to throw sideways and so its sending your bike off to the side rather than spinning the bars. try bringing your hand further back as your throwing

this or throw your bars when u just start to hop and catch them when u feel weightless, throw ur bars quickly

|

5/9/2010 10:01 AM

wen i throw the bars while practicing in grass, the bike flys away from me

|

Logan Taylor Vital's music man....
Music is a universal language and need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
HAHA!
"I love you cait!"

Id rather be hated for who i am then loved for who im not" -Kurt Cobain

5/10/2010 7:06 PM

serealdesigns wrote:

NJ RIDER wrote:

this or throw your bars when u just start to hop and catch them when u feel weightless, throw ur bars quickly

this will work if you're hopping both wheels at once. But if you're not, you want to wait until your at your peak before you throw your bars, or your bike will end up floating away from you.

|

5/12/2010 10:21 AM

so how do i do them

|

Every Days A Struggle

REFS: prophet, AndySubrosa8, TheFITmexican

5/12/2010 7:57 PM

Here's how I learned them. Bunny hop as high as you can, and once you're at the top throw the bars. I first started doing half barspins and then just threw the bars harder and hoped it worked out.

|

5/12/2010 8:04 PM

oldskool997 wrote:

woah ... i feel srry for u lol

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

5/13/2010 12:28 PM

keep your feet on. if your bike is flying away from you its cuz you are moving your feet off or away from the pedals. When i learned barspins same thing happened its because you get scared and put your feet down to catch urself from falling.

|

5/13/2010 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2010 7:43 PM

I find it helps if you lean over the bars, then your bike doesnt fly out from underneath you if you dont catch it.

|

5/19/2010 7:10 AM

oldskool997 wrote:

I don't recommend trying it in the grass, because it will mess you up most of the time. Just do what this guys are saying. Find a flat surface, go at a medium or comfortable speed, bunny hop, when you at the peak spin the bars, keep you knees together, and make sure to catch with opposite hand and just keep you head over the bars at all times, don't lean back to much. If you follow this steps that everyone pointed out you should be doing bar-spins in no time. The most important thing is, DON'T BE AFRAID OF FALLING. I mean your not jumping a gap, your on flat ground and if you fall it won't be as bad as falling on a huge gap jump. I hope you learn them, because they are fun, really really fun to do. Good Luck, and happy riding!

|

Emir360

5/20/2010 6:29 AM

thanks this forum really helps, would it be also easier to try airing out of a ramp???

|

5/20/2010 8:00 AM

joshkabosh12 wrote:

thanks this forum really helps, would it be also easier to try airing out of a ramp???

actually it probably would, just make sure that your leveled and spin the bars and catch, give it a try!!

|

Emir360

5/20/2010 12:27 PM

i used to do them with smaller bars but now i just got bigger bars and cant do them

|