beginner tricks? high hops? How to videos or tips?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2013 3:49 AM

I just got started into bmx about 2 months ago and I only know how to bunny hop/ j hop and I want to know what other tricks are easy so I can try them out and what I can do to help me land them. Thanks

|

9/2/2013 3:17 AM

Foot jams, fakie, 180, one footer, one hander, tyre grabs? Any of them really

|

9/12/2013 1:51 PM

I've been riding for 3-4 months and I'm not sure how to progress, but what I've done is:

Bunny hop / J hop
Bunny hop 180 (on grass first building up from 90 to 180)
Dropping in on quarter
Jumping step sets 3-4
Finding gaps to bunny hop (even just between two curbs)
Fakie - Fakie half cab (still sketchy, practice rolling back on a quarter)
Foot jam
Foot jam to fakie
Jumping a Spine

Still learning:

Foot jam 180 ( nearly got it)
Footjam wip

I'm trying to bunny hop higher all the time, you can hop a lot higher than you think when hoping on to something. I practise manuals in between everything, were ever I am, and practise barspins just leaning back on my bike ready for when I can take both hands of in the air!!

So any extra beginner tricks would be great, but I'm thinking you just have to chip away at the big ones!

|

9/12/2013 8:26 PM

Well I've been riding for a week and 4 days and I can one hander , foot jam, fakie (sometimes) , foot jam fakie (once in 10 tries xD) , 90 , wheelie

|

9/30/2013 9:53 PM

Wtpbmx17 wrote:

Foot jams, fakie, 180, one footer, one hander, tyre grabs? Any of them really

Cool thanks

|

9/30/2013 9:55 PM

KarmaRide wrote:

I've been riding for 3-4 months and I'm not sure how to progress, but what I've done is:

Bunny hop / J hop
Bunny hop 180 (on ...more

Awesome I'll try them out thanks.

|

9/30/2013 9:56 PM

CULT_BMX wrote:

Well I've been riding for a week and 4 days and I can one hander , foot jam, fakie (sometimes) , foot jam fakie (once in 10 ...more

I did a wheelie and did ok on that. I really want to learn how to manual. I know it's completely different from a wheelie

|