beginner tricks? high hops? How to videos or tips?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2013 3:49 AM

I just got started into bmx about 2 months ago and I only know how to bunny hop/ j hop and I want to know what other tricks are easy so I can try them out and what I can do to help me land them. Thanks

|

9/2/2013 3:17 AM

Foot jams, fakie, 180, one footer, one hander, tyre grabs? Any of them really

|

9/12/2013 1:51 PM

I've been riding for 3-4 months and I'm not sure how to progress, but what I've done is:

Bunny hop / J hop
Bunny hop 180 (on grass first building up from 90 to 180)
Dropping in on quarter
Jumping step sets 3-4
Finding gaps to bunny hop (even just between two curbs)
Fakie - Fakie half cab (still sketchy, practice rolling back on a quarter)
Foot jam
Foot jam to fakie
Jumping a Spine

Still learning:

Foot jam 180 ( nearly got it)
Footjam wip

I'm trying to bunny hop higher all the time, you can hop a lot higher than you think when hoping on to something. I practise manuals in between everything, were ever I am, and practise barspins just leaning back on my bike ready for when I can take both hands of in the air!!

So any extra beginner tricks would be great, but I'm thinking you just have to chip away at the big ones!

|

9/12/2013 8:26 PM

Well I've been riding for a week and 4 days and I can one hander , foot jam, fakie (sometimes) , foot jam fakie (once in 10 tries xD) , 90 , wheelie

|

9/30/2013 9:53 PM

Wtpbmx17 wrote:

Foot jams, fakie, 180, one footer, one hander, tyre grabs? Any of them really

Cool thanks

|

9/30/2013 9:55 PM

KarmaRide wrote:

I've been riding for 3-4 months and I'm not sure how to progress, but what I've done is:

Bunny hop / J hop
Bunny hop 180 (on grass first building up from 90 to 180)
Dropping in on quarter
Jumping step sets 3-4
Finding gaps to bunny hop (even just between two curbs)
Fakie - Fakie half cab (still sketchy, practice rolling back on a quarter)
Foot jam
Foot jam to fakie
Jumping a Spine

Still learning:

Foot jam 180 ( nearly got it)
Footjam wip

I'm trying to bunny hop higher all the time, you can hop a lot higher than you think when hoping on to something. I practise manuals in between everything, were ever I am, and practise barspins just leaning back on my bike ready for when I can take both hands of in the air!!

So any extra beginner tricks would be great, but I'm thinking you just have to chip away at the big ones!

Awesome I'll try them out thanks.

|

9/30/2013 9:56 PM

CULT_BMX wrote:

Well I've been riding for a week and 4 days and I can one hander , foot jam, fakie (sometimes) , foot jam fakie (once in 10 tries xD) , 90 , wheelie

I did a wheelie and did ok on that. I really want to learn how to manual. I know it's completely different from a wheelie

|