bunny hop

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2013 8:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2013 8:51 PM

help. I just started bmx and I can't get down how to bunny hop. can someone leave a video or something please.
(my "friend" laughs at me because of this).

|

11/6/2013 6:38 PM

Think of a bunnyhop as two motions: up and out. The first thing you'll do is jump UP from your back and legs, the second thing is pushing the bike OUT in front of you, which will bring the back end up.

As you jump and start leaving the ground, your body will straighten out until you're pretty much straight up and down, almost like a standing position. This will cause your front wheel to go up first because your arms are shorter than your legs, and because you mostly hop off your back wheel. So your front wheel is going to come up as your shoulders and chest thrust upward into that straight up and down position.

Then, as you start on your way up off the ground, you'll go from pulling up on the handlebars to pushing them forward. At the same time, you'll bend your legs up into your butt, which will pull the back wheel up.

So, how high you hop depends on: 1. how hard you push off the ground and 2. how high you tuck the bike up into your body.

|

11/6/2013 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2013 6:40 PM

|

11/6/2013 6:41 PM

|

11/6/2013 7:14 PM

Travis?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura