bunnyhops

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2013 5:43 PM

ive read tons of threads watched tons of videos but i still cant bunny hop after a month of riding. i ride everyday for about an hour or more and can on lift my front wheel. i have no idea how to even lift my back wheel alone. i can lift my front wheel over one 2x4 but thats all. any tips thanks

|

12/10/2013 6:40 PM

lean allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way foward
point toes down
push foward with bars and and point toes pointed even lower as you sort of jump foward

hope this helps comment back to me if u have any additional questions
this took me some time to get too

|

12/11/2013 5:49 PM

chad88 wrote:

point toes down
push foward with bars and and point toes pointed even lower as you sort of jump foward

hey man thanks,

im able to get the right position, leaning over the front with my feet vertical, i just dont know what or how to lift it

|

12/11/2013 8:44 PM

chad88 wrote:

point toes down

iASKrealQs wrote:

hey man thanks,

im able to get the right position, leaning over the front with my feet vertical, i just dont know what or how to lift it

pull up with your legs… its hard to explain.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/12/2013 6:03 PM

usually whenever i try i either lift my front wheel somehow or jump off my pedals. any way to fix this?

|

12/12/2013 6:45 PM

iASKrealQs wrote:

usually whenever i try i either lift my front wheel somehow or jump off my pedals. any way to fix this?

Do your pedals grip enough?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/12/2013 7:00 PM

iASKrealQs wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

im pretty sure... i have odessy twisteds

|

12/12/2013 7:19 PM

iASKrealQs wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

iASKrealQs wrote:

are they worn down?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

12/12/2013 7:22 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

iASKrealQs wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

are they worn down?

Nah, my bikes pretty new

|

12/12/2013 9:11 PM

lift your front end as high as you can.

You said you can only lift it over a 2x4? that's not very high at all.

Keep practicing the pull your front wheel up. That is the first step and if you can't do that well/high the rest of the steps will be much harder.

When you get your front tire way way up, suck your legs/feet up and push forward with your arms.

and practice, a lot.

but mostly, just go ride your bike. Jump off curbs and stuff. They'll come over time, don't stress it.

|

12/12/2013 9:22 PM

pnj wrote:

lift your front end as high as you can.

You said you can only lift it over a 2x4? that's not very high at all.

Keep practicing the pull your front wheel up. That is the first step and if you can't do that well/high the rest of the steps will be much harder.

When you get your front tire way way up, suck your legs/feet up and push forward with your arms.

and practice, a lot.

but mostly, just go ride your bike. Jump off curbs and stuff. They'll come over time, don't stress it.

Sorry, I didn't mean it as only a 2x4, I meant easily. With a little speed I can get over 2 if that changes anything

|

12/13/2013 5:02 AM

I saw an explanation that said try to use your legs to pull the seat into your ass, sounds weird but it helped me

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/13/2013 7:36 AM

two 2x4's is still under 8 inches, total height. (2x4's are not 2 inches by 4 inches)

8 inches still isn't that high, when it comes to hopping. Pick your front end up 24 inches and your back end will want to come off the ground much easier.

hopping is about un-weighting your body/bike. The higher you can pull your front end up, the more you will be un-weighting your self.

Once you get the technique down, you'll be able to hop higher, quickly.

Work on manuals too, because they involve pulling your front end up.

and hit curb cuts because they force your front end up and your back end follows, giving you the feeling of a bunnyhop.

|

12/13/2013 3:23 PM

pnj wrote:

two 2x4's is still under 8 inches, total height. (2x4's are not 2 inches by 4 inches)

8 inches still isn't that high, when it comes to hopping. Pick your front end up 24 inches and your back end will want to come off the ground much easier.

hopping is about un-weighting your body/bike. The higher you can pull your front end up, the more you will be un-weighting your self.

Once you get the technique down, you'll be able to hop higher, quickly.

Work on manuals too, because they involve pulling your front end up.

and hit curb cuts because they force your front end up and your back end follows, giving you the feeling of a bunnyhop.

alright man thanks, ive been practicing again for a bit and can lift my front over a curb without pedaling. will be working on manuals. thanks

|

12/18/2013 8:29 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

I saw an explanation that said try to use your legs to pull the seat into your ass, sounds weird but it helped me

If you don't get the back wheel high enough, and you hit it with your rear wheel whatever you're hopping sends the seat into your ass pretty quick anyway.

|