chain / cassette help

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2010 6:58 AM

alright, so sometimes my back axle will shift in the dropout and my tire will rub the break post.
so after that i go to re-center it and tighten the chain and it never cooperates, and its a bitch to get it to go center, and the chain wont stay tight.

does anybody have any tips on how to tighten your chain / center the wheel?
(not truing it, my wheels already true)

|

I feel like I'm about to explode out of my mouth dude.

3/22/2010 7:16 AM

Chain tensioners. It will take you no more than 2 minutes if you are smarter than your bike.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/22/2010 7:28 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Chain tensioners. It will take you no more than 2 minutes if you are smarter than your bike.

they uh.. pull the axle back on the drive side?
sorry Ive never seen anyone with one so i dont really know how they work

|

I feel like I'm about to explode out of my mouth dude.

3/30/2010 2:09 PM

yeah. they pull the axle back in the dropout and in turn tighten the chain.

|

3/30/2010 6:24 PM

slam ur wheel

|

3/30/2010 7:16 PM

get something strong and straight (not your dick hahaha) and put it between the wheel and frame and push down, it will cause the chain to tighten, center it, then tighten the crap out of the bolts and your good smile

|

Silence is golden ductape is silver

Achin 4 Bacon wrote: thats cause aussie cops dont use guns..they use boomarangs.

learn to do shit before you talk shit

4/2/2010 9:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2010 9:54 AM

FITFOREVERK-DOG wrote:

get something strong and straight (not your dick hahaha) and put it between the wheel and frame and push down, it will cause the chain to tighten, center it, then tighten the crap out of the bolts and your good smile

Ouch! Haha. I use the handle end of an adjustable wrench.

|

4/6/2010 7:26 AM

DONT use an adjustable wrench. i sense that is your problem.

|

Easternbiker93 wrote: And Jesus said "Thou shall not find humorous people, but only sarcastic ass hats on Vital"
JustRideBMX wrote: I can't ride high. All I wanna do is ball up and cuddle with everything.