chain tightening and loosening.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2012 2:39 PM

hey guys, i'm not sure if there are any forums about this, i haven't seen any. but i've been having a problem with my chain. when the cranks are in a certain position, it's tight, when i turn them about half way, it's really loose. i thought it was a bent sprocket, but i replaced it and it still does it. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. thanks!

|

I bike, Therefore I am

Follow me on twitter! @THEmarccostello

XXX

2/1/2012 6:05 PM

you probably need a new chain, ya wore it out

|

2/2/2012 12:15 PM

thanks i'll have to check that out. my friend said it might be something in my cassette, i really hope it's just the chain haha thanks dude!

|

I bike, Therefore I am

XXX

2/5/2012 8:03 PM

it does that to me sometimes too. What I do is loosen the crank arm where your sprocket is then loosen the sprocket bolt. Tighten the crank arm and then tighten the sprocket bolt after. Fixes it a whole lot for me, but maybe it's coz my rear axle isn't straight anymore! lol

|

[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]
PayPal Verified(;
REFs: 1of1547, Areansfsl, ScramHype, Lirider187, Blizzbikes, tito24 aka mom, ii Krxfted, Broughton, Bmx-junkie, Stoney Hawk

Shadow - Subrosa

2/8/2012 2:02 PM

i just replaced my chain and it still does it a little. i give up i'm taking it to the shop soon haha thanks though!

|

I bike, Therefore I am

XXX

2/10/2012 1:18 PM

You could just be tightening the sprocket bolt too much so it's acting like it's out of round.
Basically, you have good chain alignment then bad chain alignment, and that just keeps happening.

|

2/14/2012 2:26 PM

like the bolt that holds the sprocket to the crank arm? i don't have a bolt, it's just a welded on pin. could it be the spindle bolt is too tight?

|

I bike, Therefore I am

XXX