clicking noise somewhere in drive train when pedaling

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2017 1:46 PM

just bought a new bike, but when pedaling it makes a sort of click noise every few seconds,i think ive narrowed it down the the freewheel but im not sure, i have removed and re greased the cranks and spindle etc.. also checked the chain line and that is also all good, its annoying but doesn't really effect all that much aside from an annoying nois. has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

|

3/22/2017 1:00 PM

Could be anything, are all of the crank bolts and pedals tightened properly? Wheel nuts/bolts tightened properly?
It could even be your stem bolts causing a creak the resonates through your frame, making it sound like it's from the bb area

|

3/22/2017 2:46 PM

That's a good idea actually, thanks I'll check the stem bolts tomorrow, that doesn't work I think the previous owner attempted to spray wd40 onto the cranks to loosen them... I know this because the rest of the drivetrain is soaked in the stuff and he told me I might want to spray some wd40 in the cranks because they're a bit tight. Pretty sure the bb is destroyed because of that

|

3/27/2017 10:48 PM

b3nrobb0 wrote:

That's a good idea actually, thanks I'll check the stem bolts tomorrow, that doesn't work I think the previous owner attempted ...more

Yeah, in that case you want to strip it all down, clean it, and re grease it. Anyone that uses wd40 on a bike needs a slap

|

5/1/2017 1:04 PM

Yea re grease it

|

5/9/2017 12:48 PM

While youve got it apart, check your chain too, all links should move freely, a frozen link will clunk thru the drivetrain.
Sounds like your BB bearings may be shot though. Go for a a few rides and see if you can narrow it down.

|