crank clunking

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2010 8:07 AM

EVERY TIME I CRANK DOWN ON THE RIGHT SIDE I GET A CLUNKING AND A CLICKING NOISE AND I CAN FEEL IT THROUGH MY FOOT WHAT IS IT?

|

GT BMX forever fuck you haters!

12/28/2010 8:41 AM

i had the same problem, try taking your cranks off and putting them back on, or maybe your BB, if that doesn't work just take it to your lbs

|

"The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am." -JustRideBMX

12/28/2010 8:44 AM

make sure it's not just loose pedals

|

12/28/2010 9:32 AM

Thanks guys but i recantly fitted new pedals and a sprocket about 3 days ago and its all tight

|

12/28/2010 9:33 AM

Thanks guys but i recantly fitted new pedals and a sprocket about 3 days ago and its all tight

|

12/28/2010 11:23 AM

Possibly not enough spacers inside your bottom bracket, so the tube spacer in the middle in moving around. Either add a longer tube spacer, put some smaller spacer inside, or just take it out. You might also not have enough spacers on your spindle next to your crank arm. Like I said on the other thread, just try greasing everything up.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

1/3/2011 12:11 PM

the sprocket is now dead straight and had it checked out by my local bike shop and they said its fine but its still not quite right

|

1/11/2011 4:53 AM

could be oval bb

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

1/12/2011 1:38 PM

your cranks arent hitting your chainstays are they?

|

1/28/2011 6:42 PM

Is your chain loose? it might just be the chain about to pop, but then it gets stuck halfway and clinks back on. This happens to me alot, just tighten your chain and if it keeps happending, then its something else, or if it helps a lil bit, then it might be more that your sprocket is bent.

|

I suck!

1/28/2011 8:29 PM

You could have sand n shit in ur bike, idk

|

When I'm not on my BMX, I'm tearing it up on my dirt bike.

2/4/2011 3:48 PM

i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, its a killer, i took my cranks off, then i took my pedals off my cranks them took the sprocket off my cranks then put them all back on again ensuring they were super tight then the noise was gone, try doing that bro smile

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

2/24/2011 9:41 PM

Clean out your bottom bracket... And i mean completely disassemble it and soak it in gas and then dry it off and the put some heavy grease on the spindle... Like legit grease... its called silicone grease. Once your spindle is all lubed up pop it back in and the clunking and squeaking will be gone. Make sure u dont get grease on the splines tho. GOOD LUCK!

|

2/26/2011 7:52 AM

Its your pedal probably.

|

2/28/2011 11:39 AM

make sure everything is super tight. could be your pedal or arm wobbling. also might be a bad bearing.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

5/18/2011 4:33 PM

chain could be too tight had same problem

|

love you mom. rest in peace.
on a lighter note.... "RIP Kim Jong II, He might have been a cruel dictator, but he was sure fun to make fun of."

5/19/2011 12:20 PM

Take it all apart and greese it.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122