crank help

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2010 12:47 AM

so i bought the cheap ass hyper mike spinner bike bc i was on a super tight budget. i was riding a next rampage i got for free. but so far its a good bike and the only thing i need to do is ditch the 1 piece cranks with the open bearings. can someone hlp me figure out if i can put a 3pc. with sealed bearings on there if i take the bearing race's out? or at least what to measure so i can order a 3 pc? ive emailed kyper but no response. ive seen soooo many people thrashin on this bike but the frame is identical to miraco's 5star frames and i got it down to 21.7 lbs. good enough for me lol
id really appreciate the help.

|

yah.. im that nigga goin WAYYYYYY too fast for the ramp.

5/30/2010 10:18 AM

hay go to danscomp.com and click on tech help. then click on cranks. that shoud tell you all you need to no.

hay the link dosnt work so........

|

You can ride reel good, but i bet you cant crash as good as i can

you dont need a helmet cam, you need a helmet.-vanillseatbmx (to \bmx-1995/)

5/30/2010 10:41 AM

okay i appreciate it.

|

5/30/2010 8:11 PM

well the tech help didnt help it just told me how to install them. i need to know what to measure to know theyll fit. i know its the american style just any other specs im clueless about

|

5/30/2010 8:49 PM

You will need an Americal size bottom bracket and the 3 piece of your choice. I have taken a look at those bikes a few times and I would say its a great bike for a begginer.

|

"My bike does as I do, there for I do and my bike does"

5/30/2010 8:55 PM

Tree Rides Bmx wrote:

You will need an Americal size bottom bracket and the 3 piece of your choice. I have taken a look at those bikes a few times and I would say its a great bike for a begginer.

yeah i absolutely love it but the cranks got to go.so the american bearings and any 3 piece? i thought the spline holes were different sizes? or as long as its an american style spline with the correct arms? this helps a lot thanks

|

5/31/2010 10:42 AM

two and three piece cranks vairy in spindle size and type such as spline, squar and such. Usualy 19mm is splined such as Profile and Fit cranks as for 22mm is square such as Primo Hollowbite. When you buy a crank you just want to make sure you buy the correct bottom bracket size.

|

"My bike does as I do, there for I do and my bike does"

5/31/2010 12:42 PM

Tree Rides Bmx wrote:

two and three piece cranks vairy in spindle size and type such as spline, squar and such. Usualy 19mm is splined such as Profile and Fit cranks as for 22mm is square such as Primo Hollowbite. When you buy a crank you just want to make sure you buy the correct bottom bracket size.

yes but how do i know what to measure to make sure the size is right? i know its american style just need to know what to measure

|

5/31/2010 7:09 PM

most bikes are 175mm

|

"I'd rather grind a rail then be in heaven" ~ Garrett Reynolds!
text ~ 269-262-8763
Refs:
]3ig-]2ob-352, Harry95, Abod, legendsx23, fitbike7447, iridebmxerveryday(x3),
TheKinker2010, Billizle, dave805, RedCrayon, dk disaster.

5/31/2010 8:07 PM

tyler_rides! wrote:

most bikes are 175mm

okay thank you. then once i get that just make sure the spindle measurement corresponds with the i.d. of the bearing right?

|

5/31/2010 8:12 PM

so would i get this http://www.danscomp.com/456057.php?cat=PARTS#

and a crank/ spindle set where the spindle is 19mm correct?

|

5/31/2010 8:33 PM

would this be my best bet? im trying to make sure my cranks dont cost more than the bike. im on a tight budget. http://www.danscomp.com/451053.php?cat=PARTS

|