help airing above coping

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2012 4:12 AM

i dont know why i have so much trouble with this. it jus has to do with every time i try to get any height out of a quarter i clip my back wayyy more than i should. i always keep in mind to try and pop off the coping and lean into the bowl, but my back will always case and i cant keep a clean roll in. what am i doing wrong?

keep giving me advice and ill tell you when i get it.

|

BIKE CHECK RIGHT HERE [:

twitter @burkminipup

refs: AndySubrosa8, spikez5, njbmxerdude, hcmike, TCbmx [x2], HenHouseSuprise, ScramHype [x2], Josh_Steinhauser, bstick, jb07, FreddyDapice

8/20/2012 7:05 PM

try it on a steeper quarter pipe

|

8/20/2012 7:23 PM

You need to pump right as you hit that top of the lip. Trying it on a bigger quarter will also help as you have more time to prepare as you go up.

|

8/23/2012 5:12 PM

Man I have this problem too, so consider this a bump because I need help with this also.

|

9/9/2012 11:57 AM

Just don't think about it. Keep pushing yourself until you get it. If you case the first few times, don't stop keep trying. Good luck

Fit Rider777

|

Carson Griffith

9/9/2012 9:35 PM

Pump harder on the ramp / try it on a steeper ramp

|

9/17/2012 8:02 AM

how i learned was first i started just going up and doing a little hop 180 on it. then i kept going faster. the key is to use the coping. not a lot of people know this, but coping wasn't originally on ramps for grids. hitting the coping on your way up the ramp keeps you from landing on the deck of the ramp. if you look at a quarter from the side its not straight up at a 90 degree angle at the top, but the coping sticks out at the top to pop you up rather than out. so, keep going faster until you can feel your front tire hit the coping. when you start hitting the coping with your front tire on your way up the ramp you won't have to pop out or anything, just ride up, turn and land!

|

ILIKEDIRT

10/13/2012 9:20 PM

i have the same problem and even 6 foot quarters scare me, more so than the 12 foot that i am trying to learn on, i have it to where my front will bonk to coping im just trying to work up the courage to let the back hit it and just go for it. But diffidently try a bigger quarter they feet so much better and less of a quick transition

|

Shove my dick deep down your bitches throat, krahtata