how do i put spokes on hubs and rims

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2012 7:07 PM

I'm looking to put together a bike and part of that is putting the spokes on but i have no idea how, the rim im looking at is a 48 hole rim which im also wondering is a good idea or if i should get 36 holes

|

1/14/2012 7:59 PM

48h are generally stronger... and just take it to a local bike shop to lace

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/16/2012 3:54 PM

/\ agreed

No offence, but from the terminology you're using i don't think you're ready for that step of bike assembly, take it to a bike shop and ask them how much to "lace" your wheel, or buy a complete wheel.

BTW, its not really that hard to do, but if you've never done one and aren't understaning how it works, it is pretty complicated.

|

1/16/2012 8:04 PM

supremelylazzy wrote:

/\ agreed

No offence, but from the terminology you're using i don't think you're ready for that step of bike assembly, take it to a bike shop and ask them how much to "lace" your wheel, or buy a complete wheel.

BTW, its not really that hard to do, but if you've never done one and aren't understaning how it works, it is pretty complicated.

ok cool thanks i was skeptical myself on putting it together

|

1/17/2012 11:17 AM

Some people consider lacing and truing wheels an art. It is not easy and I don't think that you should do it. Just stick with 36h hub and rims because they has become the standard, and just take it to your local bike shop and they'll know what to do

|

1/17/2012 3:05 PM

maxbakerman wrote:

Some people consider lacing and truing wheels an art. It is not easy and I don't think that you should do it. Just stick with 36h hub and rims because they has become the standard, and just take it to your local bike shop and they'll know what to do

thats one thing i was really confused about was if getting new hubs would be worth the strength but thanks guys youve been a ton of help

|

1/30/2012 9:12 AM

i lace all my own wheels i say go for it

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR