how to barspin? help.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2013 10:42 AM

I just started riding maybe 2 months ago. I've been trying barspins, i seem to be able to throw them decently, but i suck at catching them. But sometimes when i throw i hit my legs. Any tips?

|

(:

1/28/2013 2:37 PM

How to barspin
Step 1. Barspin

|

"Take a look at me now, I'm from the gutta but I made it, I made it to the top of the world,
Nothin holdin me down, I told them haters I would make it, I made it to the top of the world"

1/28/2013 3:49 PM

Casper3 wrote:

How to barspin
Step 1. Barspin

Dude dont be a dick, otherwise you will get bagged out so much on this forum. and about the barspin. make sure your nice and straight as you come out of the quarter then push your ass back and spin the bars. keep your legs back and watch the bars. also try and get the rotation of it dialed on flat

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/28/2013 4:38 PM

Casper3 wrote:

How to barspin
Step 1. Barspin

Sharpy wrote:

Dude dont be a dick, otherwise you will get bagged out so much on this forum. and about the barspin. make sure your nice and straight as you come out of the quarter then push your ass back and spin the bars. keep your legs back and watch the bars. also try and get the rotation of it dialed on flat

lol im just kidding

|

"Take a look at me now, I'm from the gutta but I made it, I made it to the top of the world,
Nothin holdin me down, I told them haters I would make it, I made it to the top of the world"

1/28/2013 11:47 PM

Just practice doing them standing over your bike with both wheels still on the ground and your feet off the pedals. Just toss them all the time and eventually your hands will know exactly what to do. Muscle memory. Have your catching hand ready over your top tube when your bars are about 270 degrees through their rotation.

|

2/2/2013 4:22 PM

Casper3 wrote:

How to barspin
Step 1. Barspin

haha. i wish it was that easy for me.

|

(:

2/2/2013 4:26 PM

kris.yavorsky wrote:

Just practice doing them standing over your bike with both wheels still on the ground and your feet off the pedals. Just toss them all the time and eventually your hands will know exactly what to do. Muscle memory. Have your catching hand ready over your top tube when your bars are about 270 degrees through their rotation.

thanks man, i've been doing that, i've been getting alot better at catching them, one time when i attempted a hop barspin i missed the catch and knocked the wind out of myself on the bars xD

|

(:

2/2/2013 4:27 PM

Sharpy wrote:

thanks, for some stupid reason i was watching one of the grips when i did them. haha.

|

(:

2/5/2013 5:39 AM

tbh, I'd stop concentrating on them, get the stuff like 180s first,then go back to them.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/5/2013 1:50 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

tbh, I'd stop concentrating on them, get the stuff like 180s first,then go back to them.

yeah, i started doing that, i'm closer to getting 180's than barspins so i'm gonna work on those until i get them down, then go back to bars.

|

(:

2/8/2013 7:54 PM

The best advise I can give would be to practice throwing and catching the bars while standing on the ground with the bike between your legs. Bunny hop and stick your butt out, pinch your knees together and lean forward. Practice doing this until you can begin to visualize and feel where you need to throw the bars. You want to throw them right before you peak, and catch them right as you begin coming down. Mental visualization is always the biggest help to me when learning any new trick or applying something to a set-up.

|

2/12/2013 1:25 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

The best advise I can give would be to practice throwing and catching the bars while standing on the ground with the bike between your legs. Bunny hop and stick your butt out, pinch your knees together and lean forward. Practice doing this until you can begin to visualize and feel where you need to throw the bars. You want to throw them right before you peak, and catch them right as you begin coming down. Mental visualization is always the biggest help to me when learning any new trick or applying something to a set-up.

Thanks man, sounds like a pretty good way to learn, although my bike broke and i have to wait until this weekend to get my new stuff. I haven't rode in a while, so im going to suck even more at them haha.

|

(:

2/12/2013 4:32 PM

2 months... and you're trying barspins? You crazy nigga
I could'nt even bunnyhop correctly yet

|

Turndowns&Tailwhips

2/12/2013 5:39 PM

RIDE-FIT wrote:

Haha, i used to mess around with bunny hops when i was younger, so i kind of already knew how to do them.

|

(:

2/13/2013 7:51 PM

Lmao can't 180 "lets try barspins"

|

2/17/2013 11:47 AM

RIDE-FIT wrote:

xkevinxm wrote:

Haha, i used to mess around with bunny hops when i was younger, so i kind of already knew how to do them.

Been riding for 3 years. still can't get bar spins right. Mad props if you get them after 2 months. haha

|

3/1/2013 12:23 PM

I agree with these guys. Learn 180s and learn how to control your bike properly. Learn moto whips to get a good feel of how your bike handles

|

3/2/2013 1:16 AM

What do you mean by moto whip? N u guys laugh about not being able to 180 I can flat 3 n can't 180 for my life lol. I can rotate n land fine just can't get out of it

|

3/2/2013 10:44 AM

rick.huffman.391 wrote:

What do you mean by moto whip? N u guys laugh about not being able to 180 I can flat 3 n can't 180 for my life lol. I can rotate n land fine just can't get out of it

Whip a 90 and bring it back whislt in the air. 360s are easier than 180s for sure. landing forwards it always easier than landing backwards wink

|

3/2/2013 5:00 PM

so to do a barspin on flat, do you just bunny hop and then spin? Or do you kinda pull up like you're going to manual and then spin? I guess both could work but I have no idea.

|

I'm on the edge of glory!