how to get out of fakie

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2012 10:35 AM

hey guys i'm new to riding and just want to know how you get out of a fakie, i can go backwards fine but seem to have difficulty swinging the bike around and just end up laying it down sad

|

3/24/2012 10:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2012 10:49 AM

It seems (To me at least) that everyone has their own way of doing it. I had no idea how to do it, I just kept practicing and I got it.

I don't really know how I do mine, but I'll try to explain. I "carve" the opposite way of which I will be spinning, then I turn my head and bars and pull up a bit, kinda like you wanted to do a low 180. If it doesn't come all the way around, I give it a bit of pedal pressure to keep my front end up.

Mine look sloppy, but oh well.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/24/2012 3:50 PM

when i first started them i just turned my bars a little and did a full crank back till i was at 90, then i just applied pedal pressure and pulled it around. Now that ive had them down for a while i just half cab out. Theyre really frustrating when you first start, so just keep practicing

|

3/26/2012 9:16 AM

cheers guys thanks for the advice :D

|

3/26/2012 1:48 PM

you turn your bars the opposite way you spin while staying somewhat over the bars, and when you get to 90 degrees you want to have your feet opposite of normal, then swing your forward foot under and use that momentum to get the front end up and hold your cranks there, and pull your forward leg knee inward because it's gonna be a tight squeeze until you get it right. just concentrate on your foot placement, i had to teach myself but now that i have them, a month later im 180ing out

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

3/27/2012 12:38 PM

start to pedals backwards with you front foot forward then as your cranks get forced backwards and your wrong foot is forward slide or turn 90 degrees and quickly pedal back the rest so you front foot is forward then push forward on my cranks and lift up the front wheel a bit then swivel the rest on my bar tire. try to find a steep flat bank or small quater pipe then go about halfway up so you have a decent amount of speed.

|

parkrat.

5/21/2015 9:28 AM

I have the same problem, I can get the bike around. I wanna half cab out cause I think it looks cleanest

|